shareholder OBC

pmjnh

1 hour ago, pmjnh said:

Does anyone know if you can apply for the shareholder OBC before final payment do does it need to be paid in full first?

Thanks

I was told yesterday on HAL's "chat" that I should submit the paperwork for the shareholder OBC 6 months in advance. Do you already know what you need to include on our application and to whom it should be sent?

You probably already know that OBC is not refundable, but your military OBC, if applicable, can be refunded if not used on that cruise. According to the chat, once your military status is confirmed with HAL, you do not need to do it again. In my experience,  we need to do the shareholder OBC request every year about 6 months prior to your next CCL cruise.  I did my military application on HAL's web site a week or two ago and it was "approved" within a few days. Last time I sailed HAL was a few years back and either they did not offer a military OBC, or my status had become lost. So it helps to check with the cruise line's customer/passenger service several months before sailing; or check on line. With Princess it's easy to see your stockhold and military credit; I haven't found that info on HAL's page yet....but I'll be looking!😎

Doug

2 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

With Princess it's easy to see your stockhold and military credit; I haven't found that info on HAL's page yet....but I'll be looking!

It will appear the next time you get a receipt/confirmation from HAL. Either make a small payment to generate an automatic one or ask your TA (or PCC) to print an updated one for you.

8 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

According to the chat, once your military status is confirmed with HAL, you do not need to do it again.

According to the email confirmation I for military credit it has to be renewed each year, unlike Princess.

Here is the quote from the email I got:

Starting in September 2022 there is a new process for verification that guests need to submit to get the offer. This is on our website at www.hollandamerica.com, under Cruise Deals. Once this is verified you will receive a notification. This offer will be attached to your mariner ID number and is good for 1 year.

Edited by richwmn

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I was told yesterday on HAL's "chat" that I should submit the paperwork for the shareholder OBC 6 months in advance. Do you already know what you need to include on our application and to whom it should be sent?

You probably already know that OBC is not refundable, but your military OBC, if applicable, can be refunded if not used on that cruise. According to the chat, once your military status is confirmed with HAL, you do not need to do it again. In my experience,  we need to do the shareholder OBC request every year about 6 months prior to your next CCL cruise.  I did my military application on HAL's web site a week or two ago and it was "approved" within a few days. Last time I sailed HAL was a few years back and either they did not offer a military OBC, or my status had become lost. So it helps to check with the cruise line's customer/passenger service several months before sailing; or check on line. With Princess it's easy to see your stockhold and military credit; I haven't found that info on HAL's page yet....but I'll be looking!😎

Doug

Thank you. Being a shareholder is new to us but it looks like all the information requested is not on our account, such as name and address, etc. we have account numbers , etc but do we need to have to wait for the the 1st quarterly report before applying since our share page does not have this information? I do want to apply for it for our October cruise.

12 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Thank you. Being a shareholder is new to us but it looks like all the information requested is not on our account, such as name and address, etc. we have account numbers , etc but do we need to have to wait for the the 1st quarterly report before applying since our share page does not have this information? I do want to apply for it for our October cruise.

Hi, we just got it applied for three cruises two in fall 2023 and one in 2024.  Email world cruise desk, address not important just your shareholder statement showing at least 100 share owning, cross off account number, provide to them your Hal Booking number and ask for an email confirming.  I got the one email response for the three cruises, and I printed off that email three times and put a copy of that email in each of my paperwork that I am bringing for each cruise.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi, we just got it applied for three cruises two in fall 2023 and one in 2024.  Email world cruise desk, address not important just your shareholder statement showing at least 100 share owning, cross off account number, provide to them your Hal Booking number and ask for an email confirming.  I got the one email response for the three cruises, and I printed off that email three times and put a copy of that email in each of my paperwork that I am bringing for each cruise.  

We dont seem to have a shareholding statement. What we have does not show our name or any identifying information that shows it it ours. It just shows our position. The statement comes out in June. We purchased in the second quarter,

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

According to the email confirmation I for military credit it has to be renewed each year, unlike Princess.

Here is the quote from the email I got:

Starting in September 2022 there is a new process for verification that guests need to submit to get the offer. This is on our website at www.hollandamerica.com, under Cruise Deals. Once this is verified you will receive a notification. This offer will be attached to your mariner ID number and is good for 1 year.

I got an approval email after I submitted my request to HAL's Verify@SheerID.com. But mine makes no mention of 1 year. Odd. I mean, it's not like we're going to "un-retire" our military service, is it? <g>. I suppose I'll have to contact HAL to be sure I get my military OBC before out October 2023 cruise.

Doug

4 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Here's what I  did for out Princess Oct 2022 cruise (I don't have the address for HAL's section. Odd that they don't just go to CCL, but who knows?

I sent them an email with a portion of my account's monthly statement showing I owned 100 shares of CCL stock in addition to our names, booking number, ship and sailing date.

I just checked, and the portion of my account did show my name.

I'm not sure what I'd recommend if yours does not. Maybe you can make a phone call to HAL's customer service or use their chat function and ask? I will have to go through this process with HAL I suppose even though I received both the military and stockholder benefit on our March 2023 cruise without submitting anything since around the end of 2022 for the stock.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pmjnh said:

We don't seem to have a shareholding statement.

Are you holding CCL in an online brokerage / trading account?    You should be able to pull off a monthly statement through your trading portal.  Each portal is obviously different, but you 'should' be able to easily get to that from a home page -- for my brokerage, it is parked under 'documents / e-services'.  Good luck!      Scott.  

image.png.96d3997913ee1847094fe2c44f9cd4fe.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Are you holding CCL in an online brokerage / trading account?    You should be able to pull off a monthly statement through your trading portal.  Each portal is obviously different, but you 'should' be able to easily get to that from a home page -- for my brokerage, it is parked under 'documents / e-services'.  Good luck!      Scott.  

image.png.96d3997913ee1847094fe2c44f9cd4fe.png

We are working with TD Ameritrade.

Hi @pmjnh , we also use TD Ameritrade.

we sign into our account, then under the  "My Account" tab, we select "History and statements"....

then select "statements"... under here you will find a statement for every month...

Just select the last /newest one..... The TD name and address are on here, as well as the date, your name and address, etc. our page 4 has the CCL stock and amount of stock.

On ours pages 3 and 4 are what we print out.

Per HAL/CCL we black out our account number on all pages as well as all other info that is none of their concern. All they want is the above mentioned stuff and the line showing the CCL stock and number. I pretty much black out everything else and they(HAL) have always accepted it.

I then FAX it and it is usually applied within a day or two.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pmjnh said:

We are working with TD Ameritrade.

You should be able to login, go to the "My Account" tab, click on "statements" under the "History and Statements" column. You will get links to monthly pdf files of your statements. Open the most recent pdf file and you should find all the information you need.

If your transaction doesn't show in the most recent statement, try the "confirmations" link in that same column. When you have the pdf file opened, you should be able to use the draw tool to black out your account number before sending anything to HAL.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I got an approval email after I submitted my request to HAL's Verify@SheerID.com. But mine makes no mention of 1 year. Odd. I mean, it's not like we're going to "un-retire" our military service, is it? <g>. I suppose I'll have to contact HAL to be sure I get my military OBC before out October 2023 cruise.

Doug

Just reporting what I was told on the phone and the quoted email. The military credit is for all veterans, not just retired.

When I look at my account under Future Cruise Credits, then Onboard Credits it lists

obc.png.5207edaa7b1ea104122d5324dbf2ef9d.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Just reporting what I was told on the phone and the quoted email. The military credit is for all veterans, not just retired.

When I look at my account under Future Cruise Credits, then Onboard Credits it lists

obc.png.5207edaa7b1ea104122d5324dbf2ef9d.png

I'm glad you included where to find your military credit. I'd never have guessed that is would be under "Future Cruise Credits". Apparently HAL does things differently than other cruise lines, which is their right of course. So, I went to that area on my account and see this below....but it does not tell me for WHAT that $100 credit it. Is it military or stock ownership? I have not submitted (to HAL) my stock ownership details, but I did about 6 month ago to Princess/CCL.

Thanks for your service, btw. I'm retired USN since 1994. My time was almost all in VP aviation.

Doug

HAL credit 1t.JPG

Edited by PaperSniper4

Another question.....I see my Onboard Credits on the FCC page, but I am already booked for a cruise. I booked the cruise before I used the Verify@SheerID.com process. See post #14 above.

I am assuming that I need to nothing else to actually have that $100 (post #22 above) show up on our onboard account? But we all know that assuming can lead to problems..........

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm glad you included where to find your military credit. I'd never have guessed that is would be under "Future Cruise Credits". Apparently HAL does things differently than other cruise lines, which is their right of course. So, I went to that area on my account and see this below....but it does not tell me for WHAT that $100 credit it. Is it military or stock ownership?

This shows credits that will be applied to future cruises, it does not indicate OBC that you have on any particular cruise. The only real way to find that is on the Guest Copy of your reservation that you can get from your TA or PCC. Unfortunately HAL does not itemize the OBC you will receive. Stockholder OBC won't show up in this area.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

This shows credits that will be applied to future cruises, it does not indicate OBC that you have on any particular cruise. The only real way to find that is on the Guest Copy of your reservation that you can get from your TA or PCC. Unfortunately HAL does not itemize the OBC you will receive. Stockholder OBC won't show up in this area.

Thanks. The only paperwork I have on this cruise is from my TA, and I booked it before I applied for the military or shareholder credit. I suppose I will just ask him for an update after I've submitted my request for the shareholder benefit. However, in the past he's not included that or the military credit on his invoices.

Shareholder credit - Weird. So where does the shareholder credit show up?

Doug