Car rental in Port Canaveral

EllieinNJ

What is the best place to rent a car in Port Canaveral?  We will be on the MSC Miraviglia which stops there from 1pm to 8pm in October.  Are there shuttles to the rental car places or do you have to Uber/Lyft?

Your choices are on the map below. These are small offices and the shuttles run based on bookings, mostly on cruise days. Shore visits shuttles are on demand- meaning you have to call or Uber. 

you cannot walk from terminal 10. 

I suggest you call the office and ask if they are open on the day of your visit, and also the hours and closing time in particular (they close before 6 generally). Then ask if you can drop the key after hours. Also ask about the shuttle procedure.

W8PSyYtMZ-TnG62H6lhpj0_S0GtrrqllN6kJW_Xx

They all close well before your ship leaves. You will have to park the car in their lot and drop the key in a lockbox. You will still be responsible for the car until it is checked in the next morning when they open. Any damage/theft will be your responsibility even though you "retuned it" but dropping the keys in the lockbox. 

I did a one-way to Budget but I was boarding a cruise and they provided a shuttle to the ship. It was only one van and I had to wait for it to return twice as others were ahead of me. This was a few years ago and don't know if you could hop on that empty van if they are bringing anyone to the port at 1:30 to 2p when you would be getting off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, Brighton Line said:

They all close well before your ship leaves. You will have to park the car in their lot and drop the key in a lockbox. You will still be responsible for the car until it is checked in the next morning when they open. Any damage/theft will be your responsibility even though you "retuned it" but dropping the keys in the lockbox. 

I did a one-way to Budget but I was boarding a cruise and they provided a shuttle to the ship. It was only one van and I had to wait for it to return twice as others were ahead of me. This was a few years ago and don't know if you could hop on that empty van if they are bringing anyone to the port at 1:30 to 2p when you would be getting off the ship.

So if we return the car after they close is there any transportation back to the cruise ship or are we on our own?