Bingo Winner of a free cruise - Not so far?

RustyBuckt

We won the Bingo Free cruise a couple of months ago. Unfortunately we live in New Zealand and Norwegian have just just told us the "Prize" only includes Cruises from the US to Caribbean/Bahamas. While we like the idea of going there, another long haul to Maimi this year (It would take around 25-30 hours in the air each way, and more like 40-50 hours total flight time each way) is just not practical. And certainly not for a 5 day cruise!

The Certificate says 

“Certificate may be used towards any cruise with a maximum value of $600 (not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX)”

Nowhere does it say the Certificate can only be used for Cruises from the US to Caribbean/Bahamas so I'm wondering if they are just being difficult and hoping we go away! Either that or I'm missing some fine print somewhere? Given that the value of the Prize is $600, which is great but hardly worth being difficult if you are a business like Norwegian, it surprises me. 

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated? I don't think we are being unreasonable, and we don't want to be left with a sour taste in our mouth over what should be a highlight? 

1 hour ago, RustyBuckt said:

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated? I don't think we are being unreasonable, and we don't want to be left with a sour taste in our mouth over what should be a highlight? 

Have  you asked if  you can get a cruise credit and apply that to another cruise.  

• Like 1

Does this certificate show up in your account? If so you should be able to use it for any cruise. Or do you have to call to book and give them a certificate number? Even if the later I would try to use it for any cruise you like, especially with the wording you described.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, uneamie said:

Are you allowed to transfer them to another person? I so you might be able to sell them. I'm sure you already thought of that. 

If it's transferable send me a message and I'll make you an offer?