Hop On/Off Bus in Barcelona + Activities?

nyletak

Hi everyone,

I’m struggling to plan my hop on/off bus route while timing it appropriately with the activities I want to do. I’m not doing a guided tour because we wanted to save money at this port. For example, we want to see the Sagrata and Park Guell but you need to pick a specific time to go. I don’t know how long it’ll take me to get to either location while on the bus so I have no idea what times to pick for these activities. Does anyone have any tips? I’ve read you need to buy these tickets in advanced so I don’t think I can just show up and count on a ticket being available for me. 

Thank you!

We have used the HOHO, but when he have stayed over. For a port stop an alternative might be to use taxis.  From the ship you can estimate how when to get a ticket to Sagrada.  Let's say a couple of hours there and a taxi to Parc Guell.  The taxi fares will be less than the HOHO fare.  When you are finished at Parc Guell you can go to the next spot on your list or back to the ship.

• Like 1

the HOHOs are excellent for an overview of the ciy, but for short hops, I totally agree that taxis are the way to go.  Another option could be to take the port bus to the drop off point followed by a metro, but  if there are a few of you, it may not be less costly or even faster than a not very long  taxi ride.

A current thread only a little below yours:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2924067-2023-taxi-fares-from-port-to-sagrada-familia-barcelona-etc-on-a-b2b/#comment-65016756

Edited by edinburgher