EV/Beyond vs Q2/QM2

Guest 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8

Hello All,

Typically, we are land travelers due to S.O.'s aversion to sea sickness. But, with recent success on Beyond in an EV in the Caribbean, we are also doing an 11-night Mediterranean on Beyond in same EV this fall.

With my S.O. a bit more confident of their sea legs, I've booked a QM2 Grills westbound transatlantic crossing in late summer 2024.

For those who have done both cruise lines and similar stateroom types...

How are the seas on a transatlantic crossing that time of year (September), how does service and quality compare between the two lines/staterooms, and how much Dramamine do I bring for my S.O.? 😄

TY and much peace.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

You need to ask on Cunards board to be sure how that ship feels. They were built for transatlantic sailings so may be a smoother sail. That being said it all depends on the weather we did a transAtlantic during the “worst time of year” on the Allure and had smooth sailing the whole way. 

What Suite do you have on the QM2?   If you have a Q2, it will be much better than a Penthouse on Celebrity.   Any Queens Grill cabin will compare favorably with Celebrity but Q4 and above have additional bathrooms and benefits.    The Q1s are two story suites and are very grand.   If you are in a Princess Grill suite, it is similar to a Sky Suite.    You will dine in Princess Grill instead of Queens Grill.   We have been in all sorts of weather, including a hurricane, on the QM2 and she handles the weather smoothly.    We always take Bonnie to be safe and it does not cause drowsiness.    Pack for elegant evenings, a tux does nicely for 5 out of 7 day.

• Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

You need to ask on Cunards board to be sure how that ship feels. They were built for transatlantic sailings so may be a smoother sail. That being said it all depends on the weather we did a transAtlantic during the “worst time of year” on the Allure and had smooth sailing the whole way. 

TY. Yes, I have asked on that board as well.

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What Suite do you have on the QM2?   If you have a Q2, it will be much better than a Penthouse on Celebrity.   Any Queens Grill cabin will compare favorably with Celebrity but Q4 and above have additional bathrooms and benefits.    The Q1s are two story suites and are very grand.   If you are in a Princess Grill suite, it is similar to a Sky Suite.    You will dine in Princess Grill instead of Queens Grill.   We have been in all sorts of weather, including a hurricane, on the QM2 and she handles the weather smoothly.    We always take Bonnie to be safe and it does not cause drowsiness.    Pack for elegant evenings, a tux does nicely for 5 out of 7 day.

One of the Q2s up front - Queen Mary/10004. Love that view over the bow plus the balcony on port side for the westbound crossing. Q1 very nice, but only if I brought family. Just the two of us this time, and close proximity to Commodore Club is ideal.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
21 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Have your OS try Bonine  instead of Dramamine.  Same effect without the drowsiness. Enjoy!

Good Intel. TY.