Disneyworld

Wennfred

Planning a week in Kissimmee Fl. for a week next years, I would like to know if anyone stayed at a very nice Resort, whether ongrounds or offgrounds. Also would like to know what time of the year is best.

Thanks, Fred

Planning a week in Kissimmee Fl. for a week next years, I would like to know if anyone stayed at a very nice Resort, whether ongrounds or offgrounds. Also would like to know what time of the year is best.

Thanks, Fred

Fred,

we've been to Disneyworld several times - staying on different resorts on their grounds. Their resorts typically cost a little more, but for us, they were worth it.

We've done their All Star Resorts, the Contemporary, and Caribbean Beach. All were nice. Typically their rooms are larger than rooms we've had elsewhere and always spotless. Being ongrounds lets you leave the car and use their transportation - decide which park area you plan to spend the most time in and then pick the hotel that is closest and fits your budget best.

For instance - the Contemporary (one of the more expensive) has the monorail running through it, so it makes access to many areas quicker.

Steve Birnbaum (sp?) has a great guide to Disneyworld - he used to do yearly updates, but we haven't gone in several years - check it out from the library, and see if he's current.

AS far as time of year the park hours are usually shorter during "school months" but the park is very hot in the summer. We've done November, February, July, July and I prefer February, but we didn't get to use the water parks much one year (and did another).

Thanks for your fast response, Im looking to go around Feb or March.

I see you are from San Diego. From what I know of the weather there, you might not find central Florida quite as warm in February or March as those of us from New York tend to ;) .

You might also try the Starwood Resort just a short distance from Disney Village. It is very nice 2 bedroom, 2 baths kitchenette,living area and screened in porch pools, restaurants,small store and round the clock activities. Sometimes you can find people renting their week as we did. They also rent through the hotel. There is a website but I do not have it at my fingertips.It is at the very end of Orlando.

We have stayed a couple of times off site and then tried on site. We will only now stay on site. You feel that you are at a resort not just a hotel. You will be paying about the same amount of $. Check Disney World site under reservation and see the prices.

We have stayed at the Value, Moderate and cabin at Fort Wildness (holds 6, with maid service, refrig, stove) price hotels.They had everything that we needed. The best thing was that we didn't need a car for our stay. Disney now has transportation to and from the airport. There is a car rental office on site, if you wanted to rent a car for a couple of days.

We found that staying on site, we were able to see one park in the morning, go back to the hotel for swim or rest and the go to another park later on, if you staying off site you would not be able to do that.

I see you are from San Diego. From what I know of the weather there, you might not find central Florida quite as warm in February or March as those of us from New York tend to ;) .

Thanks Genessa, Im orignally from Brooklyn and lately we have been getting some 50 degree weather down here in San Diego. Maybe April would be a good start.

Thanks again.

Fred

If you want to avoid the crowds and want good weather try to time your trip to Disneyworld in October. The kids are back in school and the snowbirds haven't arrived yet. The lines will be shorter in the parks and you can sometime get deals at the parks and hotels and motels.

Enjoy your visit.

Archived