Gentle Reminder

texasatty

3 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

I’m sure some people expect perfection every second of a cruise and that is impossible. Calling out a bad experience or poor service has nothing to do with a willingness to be pleased.

Until one reads what is being characterized as a bad experience…it’s clear that a significant minority of posters here have some unreasonable expectations and some really odd complaints. 

Edited by texasatty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Respectfully agree to disagree. I find most of the criticisms to be warranted and well documented. I for one think it’s good to be able to read differing opinions and experiences as long as they are written in a way that doesn’t make personal attacks. We can then form our own conclusions based on all of the reviews and opinions. It’s the same process many people use when reading reviews of other products or services that they are researching to buy. There are always people who loved a product or had issues with a product and the reader needs to look at the opinions in totality and decide if the product will work for them. We are paying a premium price for a premium product on Regent and our expectations should be high. Will it always be perfect? Of course not but we should always accept differing opinions on these discussion boards. We shouldn’t make judgements on whether or not a person has different expectations or whether we agree or disagree with their opinions. After all, opinions are just that, opinions. We all have them and we should be able to freely express them.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

We shouldn’t make judgements on whether or not a person has different expectations or whether we agree or disagree with their opinions. After all, opinions are just that, opinions.

I ageee.  The judgmental aspect of social media is the problem.  Under the cloak of anonymity we can write things we would never say face to face.  Let’s keep these boards conversational.   If you disagree with a poster, give your opinion rather than railing about their character,  

• Like 5