Ventura cabin upgrade bid. Would you?

Dinglebert

Received an email from pando yesterday with upgrade bid details

we are currently for our two week Ventura cruise in a Superior Balcony Aft DD. 

bid prices are Family suite £160 pp which is a no for us.  Don’t need two bedrooms. 

Suite. £490 pp

Suite. Mid-ship. £610 pp

Penthouse suite. £1280 pp. 

In about 3 minds.  The minimum bid would be our limit. We have in the past successfully bid up with RCI.  Unsure if suites would be a large improvement over Dd superior balcony.  Obviously penthouse would be but it’s nearly double our current price.  Would be good if like RCI they gave double night points

At the end of the day only you can decide if it is worth it.

It may depend on where the cruise is going and what your cruise activities are.

If the suite is one of the aft suites then they do have large balconies which would be OK if you are doing a warm weather cruise and like sitting on the balcony.

The one big plus with a suite (of any grade) is being able to have a civilised breakfast in Epicurean

47 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Received an email from pando yesterday with upgrade bid details

we are currently for our two week Ventura cruise in a Superior Balcony Aft DD. 

bid prices are Family suite £160 pp which is a no for us.  Don’t need two bedrooms. 

Suite. £490 pp

Suite. Mid-ship. £610 pp

Penthouse suite. £1280 pp. 

In about 3 minds.  The minimum bid would be our limit. We have in the past successfully bid up with RCI.  Unsure if suites would be a large improvement over Dd superior balcony.  Obviously penthouse would be but it’s nearly double our current price.  Would be good if like RCI they gave double night points

If P&O are offering the family suite at only 2 x £160 then it could be a cheap way to get suite benefits if that’s important for you.

From memory the main cabin is the same as your existing cabin with an extra seating area plus extra inside room. You don’t have  to use the room.

In your situation, I probably wouldn’t bid at those prices. Superior Deluxe cabins are very spacious and presumably you have secured one in a nice spot. 

We have stayed in one of the Penthouses on Ventura. The additional space over a regular suite is wasted IMHO. The only advantage is that with an upgrade bid you know it’s one of two cabins. The balconies are a bit overlooked from a public area above. Definitely not worth the extra cost over a normal suite. 

Mid-ship suites are problematic on Ventura as they are under a pool deck and you can be woken very early by deck crew dragging chairs around to wash decks down. 

Aft suites are very nice and I could be tempted if I knew I’d definitely get one, but you could well end up with one of the two forward suites that have steel fronted balconies, that I’d hate. 

Molecrochip makes a very good point about the family suite giving you an entry into suite benefits but, as I say, I’d probably stick with what you’ve got. 

Thanks all.  Our current cabin will be aft.  It’s a 14 day to canaries so a lot of ship time. Will review videos but will probably stick.  Our current deal was on reflection a good one. Extra money spent is less money to spend on the next cruise!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Thanks all.  Our current cabin will be aft.  It’s a 14 day to canaries so a lot of ship time. Will review videos but will probably stick.  Our current deal was on reflection a good one. Extra money spent is less money to spend on the next cruise!

Our superior deluxe cabin on Ventura.

2 TVs.

Sitting area.

Bath with shower.

Lots of space for hanging clothes.

Free champagne.

Free box of chocolates.

Plenty of room in the cabin.

Screenshot_20230422_204541.jpg