The White Company on board

Durie1989

19 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

Hi I believe P&O use The White Company for the bathroom, can anyone tell me what this includes please so I can pack accordingly?

We are due to sail in the Iona.

You will get hand wash, shampoo and shower gel. 

No conditioner or body lotion but you may, or may not, be able to get these from your cabin steward.

I always bring my own, just in case. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

You will get hand wash, shampoo and shower gel. 

No conditioner or body lotion but you may, or may not, be able to get these from your cabin steward.

I always bring my own, just in case. 

On Iona and Arvia the extras have never been available. The other ships have them until they run out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

It’s been about reducing single use plastics - nothing more.

No that is the corporate excuse to stop providing body lotion and conditioner. Everyone knows the real reason is to save money and wish P&O would stop treating their customers as if they are idiots. At least they haven't said "due to operational reasons".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No that is the corporate excuse to stop providing body lotion and conditioner. Everyone knows the real reason is to save money and wish P&O would stop treating their customers as if they are idiots. At least they haven't said "due to operational reasons".

@majortom10 you're wrong I'm afraid. Balloons in MDR, flags and bunting at sailaways, sauce sachets and cocktail stirrers have all been removed.

Straws and pens too have been replaced by sustainably sourced alternatives - and usually these are not cheaper.

Below if the except out of the recently published Carnival Corporation sustainability report.

image.thumb.png.652ae98f972b816ccd0e01e21dcbee38.png

Full report here: https://carnivalsustainability.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

How big is large.

If its a 300ml bottle then its one that a suite passenger has left behind as stewards and given enough to replace the gift box sets. If a sensible cabin steward notices that such items are left behind unused, they often come in useful later in their contract.

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

If its a 300ml bottle then its one that a suite passenger has left behind as stewards and given enough to replace the gift box sets. If a sensible cabin steward notices that such items are left behind unused, they often come in useful later in their contract.

It was probably a 300 ml bottle with a pump dispenser.

26 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Yes, but the cost savings are also a benefit the companies will welcome with open arms...

I fully accept that ditching the bunting and balloons and flags will generate a cost saving and be welcomed, as there is no direct replacements, however these are not the expensive items across a year. A lot of the sustainable alternatives are still more/equally expensive. Its wrong to say that cost reduction is the motivator.

Give you an example, you replace a physical hand soap with a statistically more expensive pump action glass bottle which lasts a couple of years before the pump needs to be replaced. You also have the expense of the bracket to fix it to the wall, and the large bottles to refill it from. The total cost over  the life of the reusable product is no less than the total reusable products. The only difference is that less rubbish ends up in landfill or the sea.

Its the same in the buffet. Sauce sachets have gone but you now have large pump dispensers which, due to frequent use may get replaced or repair every couple of year. You also order several hundred reusable pots for passengers to decant their sauce into, and a few thousand recyclable paper pots. By the time you also consider the washing of the reusable pots, the end to end costs are not overly different to the sachets... but again, less waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1