Dressy shorts for boys in the MDR

ChemistBabe

1 hour ago, wrongwaywatson said:

That isn't true.  I've seen men turned away because they were wearing shorts.  It happens.  As a matter of fact, one man in our own party of 7 showed up for dinner one night in shorts and he was turned away.  He had to go back to the room to change.   He didn't throw a fit, he didn't complain, he just went and changed.

The OP asked if it was okay.  People are telling her that there is a possibility that they could be turned away.  That is all.

On our last cruise which was a TA last fall a guy wore shorts every night in Club Class and the Restaurant Manager doted over him every night because he said he was a travel blogger.  

We see it all the time so it is not a hard and fast rule and it seems like people are more likely to be admitted than rejected by MDR staff by many posts here on CC.  

Princess has relaxed what people can wear and this is simply true by what we have witnessed.  Have you ever seen a woman turned away from wearing shorts in the dining room.  I bet not.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theloo said:

Thank you.  We will be on the Emerald in Hawaii in July, so shorts will be much preferable to pants for my boys.  By the way, when you say all day and night, do you include formal/dressy nights?  

Hawaii cruises are very relaxed so I cannot imagine there would be a problem especially if wearing an Aloha shirt.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

On our last cruise which was a TA last fall a guy wore shorts every night in Club Class and the Restaurant Manager doted over him every night because he said he was a travel blogger.  

We see it all the time so it is not a hard and fast rule and it seems like people are more likely to be admitted than rejected by MDR staff by many posts here on CC.  

Princess has relaxed what people can wear and this is simply true by what we have witnessed.  Have you ever seen a woman turned away from wearing shorts in the dining room.  I bet not.

Nope, I have not.   I also don't doubt what others are saying about people wearing shorts.  I've seen it.  All I was saying is, be prepared if they do enforce the dress code.  It happens.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, memoak said:

I was born and raised in Ca and always wore long pants for school, church and going out to dinner. Do these kids wear shorts to church or upscale dining venues ?

Shorts are always acceptable at churches in So Cal. Check Shepherd or Grace out on Sundays. Times have changed. 

As an American, it fascinates me that someone would say that it's ok for children to wear shorts on formal occasions because Prince George does it. 

The responsibilities that poor kid has at such a young age is just staggering. 😉

On 4/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, c-boy said:

😐 I "suggest" you go back and read the rules

Show me the word “rule“ anywhere and I’ll bite. Until then, happy hunting!!

And no, “code” does NOT equal rule. 

• Like 1