looking for a Vantage Refund Form for cancelled cruise 2023

redbrandi1671

Hi all.  I am afraid my 75 year old (don't tell her I gave out her age) mother is in a Vantage refund situation like a lot of you have been.

Their site and phones have been down for the last 4-5 days, last night she received email notification (see italics below) that her cruise is cancelled (interesting that they can send emails, recieve them (we sent one that did not bounce back) but they cannot fix their website or their phones - I also read that they are doing construction on Canal where their offices are and that is why their phones are down but if you call other businesses in the same building they answer.)  Since we have no way of even reading or seeing what her options maybe to rebook another itinerary instead of her cancelled Holland & Belgium cruise.  And we also cannot access their refund policy or get to their refund form....

I thought we should give you all a try to see if any of you may have a downloaded copy that you would be willing to share with us... My understanding is that this is the first step, and I know we have a long battle ahead as this has happened to a lot of members of this community and I am sorry for all of your troubles.. if anyone does have the form, could you please share it with me?  I want to to start this process early, even though it looks like it might take years.

Here is a bit from the email notification of her cancelled cruise that was scheduled for April 28th 2023:

"When our systems are back up we will have a dedicated team contacting you via telephone to go over options for future travel. 

Please know that we are extremely sorry for the last minute notification and as soon as we gain access to our systems we will be contacting you.
Please reply to this email to let us know you are aware."

Thanks in advance if you any of you can help out... or if you have any advice that is also welcomed.
SIncerely
B

We were notified the same way as your mother with no explanation.  I called the Brussels hotel we were staying in and I was told they had been told it was a problem with the ship.  Yet in another place I saw the MS River Splendor was going to Switzerland in May. Based on other things I have seen Vantage will offer a future cruise credit and their record on refunds is abysmal.  This excuse for cancellation makes no sense.  Obviously hotel, flight and ship reservations would have/should have already been made and a data breach issue would have no impact. 

Hello, it looks like we maybe in the same situation.  We have a fully paid cruise on the Ocean Explorer scheduled for August 6.  Can't get any information from Vantage at this time.  It only states that their website was hacked.We did buy their insurance but not sure it will do any good especially,y if this ends up a bankruptcy case.  I would appreciate any forms you have.  Goodboy200

56 minutes ago, goodboy200 said:

Hello, it looks like we maybe in the same situation.  We have a fully paid cruise on the Ocean Explorer scheduled for August 6.  Can't get any information from Vantage at this time.  It only states that their website was hacked.We did buy their insurance but not sure it will do any good especially,y if this ends up a bankruptcy case.  I would appreciate any forms you have.  Goodboy200

You are aware the Vantage website is back up?  With information for anyone with current reservations.

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise on the River Splendor 5/7 was cancelled on 5/5 with no explanation.   I've been checking cruisemapper.com the last 2 1/2 days and Splendor has been sitting in the same position the entire time.  River Splendor current position is at coordinates 51.90218N/5.63774E en route to DODEWAARD with ETA of January 21.  We were given 4 option to re-book and option 5 was a refund.  We sent e-mail Saturday requesting a refund and show that it has been read but not response at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Vantage was hit with ransom wearer If you have there insurance with Allianz it only covers you after you started the trip. Before them you are covered by Vantage. For my refund they have have told me that  they do not have a timeline when refunds will be processed..  They were very slow giving refunds ever before this. Checking with BBB they have a form letter ran sum were they say they are backed up with refunds .Note you may  still  have to use there Gmail address . Vantage Travel [vantagetravel.customercare@gmail.com].

I was finally able to talk with a person at Vantage on Friday.  She couldn't give me a timeframe as to when they would be issuing our refund.  Just said they were very backlogged and was taking longer than normal.  Asked her what "normal" was.  She finally said 30 - 90 days.  Asked her if she had any idea of why our trip was canceled on the Splendor.  She did state there was damage.