Msc insurance

kernie968

Sorry for asking but I cannot figure out how to do a search and actually get the information I am seeking!

We cruise in May and had purchased the msc insurance. I never received any information about the insurance such as a policy number or phone number.

I have called Msc multiple times but no one seems to know how to get me any information. The wonderful women I talk to just tell me I am insured. Not helpful.

I tried sending an email but it went to the shipping company who politely gave me a phone number and no email to try to contact Msc cruises. Has anyone else had this problem?

We were required to purchase insurance after the re-start and here is where the policy was through. I am not sure if it was MSC though or my travel agent, but maybe you can contact them because I was told they were the insurers when people purchased through MSC. Maybe they can look it up for you.image.gif.19b0374b29ee736e641f9b2d42dc008a.gif

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Is supplementary  health insurance mandatory on MSC cruises? Is there a minimum coverage required?  Do I have to purchase from MSC or and provider I want? Thank you

22 hours ago, Ovsa said:

Is supplementary  health insurance mandatory on MSC cruises? Is there a minimum coverage required?  Do I have to purchase from MSC or and provider I want? Thank you

I never buy the cruise line insurance.  I use insuremytrip . com - and get coverage for my cost of flights, medical and evacuation if needed.  We are on Medicare and it doesn't cover us out of the country.  The cruise line insurance is minimal coverage.  

• Like 1

I think I bought cruiseline insurance for the first cruise I booked, after that I always got it through a 3rd party. There are several sites like insuremytrip and squaremouth that let you select the options important to you, and compare coverage and prices. GeoBlue may be another option if you have more than one cruise or out of country trip booked during the year. You can usually get better coverage at a better price. Most Americans should likely be getting medical coverage included in their policy. While some employer policies will cover travelling outside the US, most won't. And neither will Medicare. You should buy and pay for your policy very shortly after making your deposit. Otherwise you probably won't qualify for pre-existing condition coverage, which is probably one of the most important coverages for many people. Most people don't realize all the things that could fall under pre-existing condition coverage and think because they're young and healthy they don't need it. If you get the cruiseline coverage, you likely won't have this unless you pay for your cruise in full at the time of booking.

My husband and I just purchased an annual trip insurance policy that will cover all of our trips thru next July. Great coverage and a better value than purchasing thru the cruise lines. It will also cover the land portion following a transatlantic we're doing on a HAL ship next April.

• Like 1