Stupid makeup question

Aubriee01

I don't wear alot of makeup, but think I want to wear some on my upcoming Caribbean cruise.  Stupid question but how do you keep it on all day in the heat and humidity?  Seems it would just melt off, plus would feel sticky/sweaty.

1 hour ago, Aubriee01 said:

I don't wear alot of makeup, but think I want to wear some on my upcoming Caribbean cruise.  Stupid question but how do you keep it on all day in the heat and humidity?  Seems it would just melt off, plus would feel sticky/sweaty.

Not a stupid question at all.  Use my guaranteed procedure:  Apply your makeup, style your hair, observe how good you look ... and NEVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR the rest of the day.  I've been 'looking perfect' for years with this plan.  Whatever you decide, be sure to practice diligently at home before your cruise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

It is not a stupid question....you are asking for help and that is what these boards are supposed to be about🙂 I never wear makeup during the day and especially on a cruise.....when I get ready for dinner I put on some eye shadow, mascara and some lipstick. I am just not a person who wears foundation/powder, etc......I just got home from a cruise and I guess I am lucky really, I had several people compliment my skin and asked me what I wear LOL.........I told them....NADA.......the could not believe I am 65. Maybe I just have good genes?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, jsn55 said:

Not a stupid question at all.  Use my guaranteed procedure:  Apply your makeup, style your hair, observe how good you look ... and NEVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR the rest of the day.  I've been 'looking perfect' for years with this plan.  Whatever you decide, be sure to practice diligently at home before your cruise.

An excellent plan!  

On 4/24/2023 at 1:44 PM, bluetardis said:

I use a tinted sunscreen on my face and then apply powder foundation with a brush. Then blush. It really adheres to my face well and I’m good in the sun. Mascara and shadow to follow. Have an amazing cruise!

This is a good middle-of-the-road plan.  

With fresh sun, I don't feel the need for a lot of make-up ... but I bring a little eye make up for evenings.  

I always bring my good facial moisturizer though ... the older I get, the more I need it. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

I am 61, and until recently rarely wore a foundation. I recently discovered Laura Geller "baked and balanced foundation". It goes on like a powder, but feels like velvet and really enhances your skin! 

I agree with others on using a good primer (another Laura Geller favorite of mine) and I will investigate getting a good setting spray. Sometimes I take those little sheets of blotting tissue you can pick up at almost any department store. They work well just to dab/pat on your face. 

In the end, I agree with the above posters about wearing a good tinted sunscreen and hat, and save the rest for evenings. I mean, nobody really sees your eyes during the day when you're walking around with sunglasses and a hat. 

• Like 1

The only time I wear waterproof mascara is on a cruise / beach vacation. I find it a pain to use makeup remover to get it off in the evening, but less of a pain than having it run down my face. That and some eyebrow pencil and lipstick, and I’m done, and of course sunscreen 🙃

• Like 1