3 night dining package sold out

1 hour ago, kruzgal said:

The 3 night dining package on our cruise was dropped in price today and is now showing as sold out. Is it likely we will be able to buy it onboard or is that it?

Happened to us on our Symphony cruise. Dropped from £116 to £94, but when you clicked on it, it showed as sold out or error page. 

This week its showing available again for the original price 🤷‍♀️

12 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

Clearly a marketing ploy then.

Or an IT issue maybe, I don't see the point in annoying people on purpose 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have a Wonder cruise that sails a year from now and I've been seeing Unlimited Dining sold out but only on days when they list the price at $168.  Every few days the price changes to $326 for a day or two and at that price it's never sold out.  I've been watching this happen for 2 months now and I check it every day.

Also, when the price is $168 it says it's a 15% discount off the normal price of $199.  If the undiscounted price is really $199 then why do they sell it the next day for $326?

I've called C&A Diamond Plus 3 times and they can book unlimited dining for me but even when the web site says the price is $168 they can only sell it to me at the $326 price.  I've asked multiple times if this is some kind of system glitch and I've been told wholeheartedly by 3 different C&A people "No it's not a glitch."

That leads me to believe it is some kind of marketing ploy.  If they can sell it at $326 every few days it's not really sold out due to too many people having bought it already.  Plus I have a hard time believing that a cruise a year away is anywhere near sold out on anything.

I don't know what time of day they change their web site pricing.  I always check around 7am then usually again in the evening.  I was thinking that maybe they sell unlimited dining for $168 but only a small number at $168 per day.  If I can figure out when they change their web site pricing I'll try to jump in and book it the second they update pricing to $168 and see if I can get it.

I got Unlimited Dining on Symphony for $134 last November on Thanksgiving week.  That was funny pricing too.  RCCL constantly had 15%, 30%, 35%, and 50% off sales but the price was always $134 no matter what the percentage off amount was and that price could be booked right up until 3 days before the cruise.  That was definitely a marketing ploy to get people to buy because they think they are getting some big percentage off.

We sail on Symphony at the end of August from Rome and all the specialty restaurants are listed individually but there no 3, 5 or UDP nights listed at all. Hope they do at least put it on the site so we can make a call on getting it if the price is right. Seems very strange.

Might check when you first get on board. They may only allot a specific number of tables prior to sailing so they can accommodate those who come on board. We have seen this as well and then when we got on board they were selling single reservations and packages. 

12 hours ago, itrek said:

I have a Wonder cruise that sails a year from now and I've been seeing Unlimited Dining sold out but only on days when they list the price at $168.  Every few days the price changes to $326 for a day or two and at that price it's never sold out.  I've been watching this happen for 2 months now and I check it every day.

Also, when the price is $168 it says it's a 15% discount off the normal price of $199.  If the undiscounted price is really $199 then why do they sell it the next day for $326?

I've called C&A Diamond Plus 3 times and they can book unlimited dining for me but even when the web site says the price is $168 they can only sell it to me at the $326 price.  I've asked multiple times if this is some kind of system glitch and I've been told wholeheartedly by 3 different C&A people "No it's not a glitch."

That leads me to believe it is some kind of marketing ploy.  If they can sell it at $326 every few days it's not really sold out due to too many people having bought it already.  Plus I have a hard time believing that a cruise a year away is anywhere near sold out on anything.

I don't know what time of day they change their web site pricing.  I always check around 7am then usually again in the evening.  I was thinking that maybe they sell unlimited dining for $168 but only a small number at $168 per day.  If I can figure out when they change their web site pricing I'll try to jump in and book it the second they update pricing to $168 and see if I can get it.

I got Unlimited Dining on Symphony for $134 last November on Thanksgiving week.  That was funny pricing too.  RCCL constantly had 15%, 30%, 35%, and 50% off sales but the price was always $134 no matter what the percentage off amount was and that price could be booked right up until 3 days before the cruise.  That was definitely a marketing ploy to get people to buy because they think they are getting some big percentage off.

Wow, I was on the Symphony Thanksgiving sailing too. I bought the unlimited dining package package for $207.99 which was the cheapest I ever saw it listed for 8 months, and I checked every day, multiple times a day. I never saw it listed for a lower price. 

Maybe they offer different prices to different groups of people, and test out whether the % of bookings is different with Group A vs Group B.

*Edited to add that I'm not sure if you were talking about a 3-day package (since that's what the topic of this thread is) or the unlimited dining package (which is what you said you bought), but maybe you were using the terms interchangeably, in which case, my price comparison is irrelevant, because my $207.99 package was for the unlimited, not the 3-day.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

I’ve done unlimited dining on my last 5 RC cruises & I’ve always enquired with the food & beverage manager as to how many people actually book it. The answer is always the same “not many” how many? Less than 50 people. Therefore, it’s never sold out, hence it’s a marketing ploy. Once again smoke & mirrors from RC.

• Like 1