Caribbean Luggage Allowance

rickpo

Depends on whether you are on a P&O charter or a scheduled flight. I have only flown to the Caribbean on P&O charters and the allowance was invariably 23kg unless you booked premium economy, in which case it was 28kg or 30kg depending on which airline provided the flight. Not sure if you can book extra baggage on the charter flights. If you fly scheduled it will depend on the airline.

46 minutes ago, CaptainPedantic said:

And you can pool your allowance too - so if there are 2 of you, you can share your 56/60kg across 3 cases instead of 4 if you wish (since Mrs Pedantic was adamant SHE needed the extra... 😉)

As long as no case exceeds 23kg, which is P&Os handling limit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

Can I ask if I'm not flying and going from Southampton is the weight allowance the same 23kg per suitcase and do they actually stop and weigh them ?

Yes the weight allowance is the same. I've never seen cases being weighed personally, but I wouldn't take the risk of my luggage being stopped or potentially being a hazard for the porters/cabin stewards. One of the beauties of sailing from Southampton is you can take more cases, as long as they are under 23kg.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

Can I ask if I'm not flying and going from Southampton is the weight allowance the same 23kg per suitcase and do they actually stop and weigh them ?

The cases are not weighed, but for the sake of the porters, 23 kg should be the max.

And don't forget, you will also have to handle the cases, so you won't want to put your back out !

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The cases are not weighed, but for the sake of the porters, 23 kg should be the max.

And don't forget, you will also have to handle the cases, so you won't want to put your back out !

They very kindly put scales in the reception on Britannia at Christmas which were totally ignored...

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They very kindly put scales in the reception on Britannia at Christmas which were totally ignored...

I always wonder what happens to those passengers on fly cruises who put out overweight suitcases. Are they ever charged ?

3 hours ago, Durie1989 said:

You can take as many cases as you want as long as each one weighs 23kg or less.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

I always wonder what happens to those passengers on fly cruises who put out overweight suitcases. Are they ever charged ?

At airports, I have seen folk ordered to take stuff out of their checked bag. They had to either wear it, or put in hand luggage. The weight limit is fairly strict.  I don't know about the bags left outside of your cabin, but wouldn't be surprised if they were weighed by P&O.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

At airports, I have seen folk ordered to take stuff out of their checked bag. They had to either wear it, or put in hand luggage. The weight limit is fairly strict.  I don't know about the bags left outside of your cabin, but wouldn't be surprised if they were weighed by P&O.

We had to do that in LA, we had just got off a cruise and were catching a flight to Vegas, we had to take 2 lbs out of one case and put it in the other, to go in the same hold.

• Like 2