Koningsdam Vista Suite 5127

MonikaJ42

Hi there, any comments/advice on this stateroom?  Not much on the internet about this room except for the standard description/location etc.

We have 3 adults in our party.  Is the sofa bed comfy?  Very excited about this cruise, taking my parents on their first one.

22 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Hi there, any comments/advice on this stateroom?  Not much on the internet about this room except for the standard description/location etc.

We have 3 adults in our party.  Is the sofa bed comfy?  Very excited about this cruise, taking my parents on their first one.

We were on the Nieuw Statendam in Dec.  We weren't in a Vista suite but were in a verandah cabin which is essentially the same as a Vista with the exception of the bed/sofa being swapped and there being about 3 more feet of floorspace between the sofa and bed.  

Our 20 YO son slept on our sofabed.  He said it was too firm so we had the cabin steward add some padding.  He essentially just put a comforter under the bottom sheet.  That helped but it was still rather firm.  I've read elsewhere that they may have egg crate style foam padding available...that probably would have been a better solution.

One thing to be aware of is there is very little room between the foot of the sofabed and desk when the bed is out.  Maybe 3-4 inches between max so it is pretty tight for those in the bed getting to the bathroom.

We had one of the V-category verandah cabins with an angled balcony (6052 on the Nieuw Statendam).  With the angled balcony, they add a angle wedge of space to the room which allowed them to put the desk beside the sofa instead of across from it.  That was great because it enabled a wide walkway in front of the sofa bed when it was extended.  The other plus was the angled balcony was a couple feet wider due to its angle orientation and it had a much nicer view.  The view was from straight out to fully down the ship versus just straight out.  The only downside to that was other cabins could see part of your balcony--not a problem for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

We were on the Nieuw Statendam in Dec.  We weren't in a Vista suite but were in a verandah cabin which is essentially the same as a Vista with the exception of the bed/sofa being swapped and there being about 3 more feet of floorspace between the sofa and bed.  

Our 20 YO son slept on our sofabed.  He said it was too firm so we had the cabin steward add some padding.  He essentially just put a comforter under the bottom sheet.  That helped but it was still rather firm.  I've read elsewhere that they may have egg crate style foam padding available...that probably would have been a better solution.

One thing to be aware of is there is very little room between the foot of the sofabed and desk when the bed is out.  Maybe 3-4 inches between max so it is pretty tight for those in the bed getting to the bathroom.

We had one of the V-category verandah cabins with an angled balcony (6052 on the Nieuw Statendam).  With the angled balcony, they add a angle wedge of space to the room which allowed them to put the desk beside the sofa instead of across from it.  That was great because it enabled a wide walkway in front of the sofa bed when it was extended.  The other plus was the angled balcony was a couple feet wider due to its angle orientation and it had a much nicer view.  The view was from straight out to fully down the ship versus just straight out.  The only downside to that was other cabins could see part of your balcony--not a problem for us.

Thank you, very informative 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 1:22 PM, MonikaJ42 said:

Hi

It has been awhile since you posted this. We are wondering if you sailed and if you used the vista suite sleeper sofa? We know about the veranda rooms and sleepers.

We are looking at a cruise on the Koningsdam in a vista suite with sleeper sofa , with our granddaughter.

I have looked all over HalFacts and these threads(could have missed it) but have not come across a description or photos of the room with the sleeper set up

Several questions: With the sofa/bed in use can you get by it to the bathroom? How much room is there between it and desk?  Can a 5'6" person sleep/fit comfortably on it? Looking for that type of info....

Thank you

the vista suits are very similar to verandah rooms - except for location, bed closer to bed vs sofa, and perhaps a few extra sq feet.  I would imagine the sleeper would be the same.

Having slept on the sleeper in a verandah - I'm 5'6" ... is it comfy, not exactly. I put the duvet (folded double) under me to make the bedding softer. The sofa went to the edge of the desk.

If you have 3 people traveling - it's the economic choice.  But it has a price.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, triiip42 said:

Several questions: With the sofa/bed in use can you get by it to the bathroom? How much room is there between it and desk?  Can a 5'6" person sleep/fit comfortably on it? Looking for that type of info....

I was in this room in 2022 with two teenaged daughters.  My then 5'4" daughter slept on the sofa bed quite comfortably, but her feet were off the edge.  There's about 12 inches to pass through...without her feet in the way.  I guess we're not as fussy as you so we didn't have a problem with four in the room.  In all seriousness though, if this cabin isn't enough for 3 people...what other choice do you have?

Edited by PACD_JG
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VermeulT said:

Having slept on the sleeper in a verandah - I'm 5'6" ... is it comfy, not exactly. I put the duvet (folded double) under me to make the bedding softer. The sofa went to the edge of the desk.

I've been in a Verandah with the same teens in 2023.  The now 5'5" teen daughter slept on the sofa bed.  In the verandah, it does go all the way to the desk, but it's on the balcony side.  Daughter preferred that since she wasn't woken up in the middle of the night by those with small bladders.  However, I didn't like it as I had to literally walk on her bed to get on the balcony.  And the difference in space is notable when it comes to storage for 4 people.  If it was just the wife and I, I would never spend extra for the Vista Suite.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, triiip42 said:

Hi

It has been awhile since you posted this. We are wondering if you sailed and if you used the vista suite sleeper sofa? We know about the veranda rooms and sleepers.

We are looking at a cruise on the Koningsdam in a vista suite with sleeper sofa , with our granddaughter.

I have looked all over HalFacts and these threads(could have missed it) but have not come across a description or photos of the room with the sleeper set up

Thank you

Have not cruised yet, our cruise is in a couple weeks.  I will report back for sure! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Have not cruised yet, our cruise is in a couple weeks.  I will report back for sure! 

If you can do it, you should take a couple pics with the sleeper made up (the stewards will put it away during the days) -- and upload them to HalFacts.com. This question comes up from time to time!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

If you can do it, you should take a couple pics with the sleeper made up (the stewards will put it away during the days) -- and upload them to HalFacts.com. This question comes up from time to time!

For sure as i was looking for the same pics or even a video and there is none.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 2:33 PM, triiip42 said:

Hi

Thank you

We also have a Vista Suite booked for an upcoming cruise, I'll try to remember to post some pics. There really are very few pics and info on the "family" suites. Ours has the upper bunk that folds down as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...