Credit Card/Payment Question

suzieq28

No, you don't have to show it. But I have to be honest, this is kind of a strange question. Are you planning on NOT bringing the credit card?  The potential for there being a problem at some point on the voyage and sailor services needing to re authorize it is not slim.  I've had that happen on plenty of cruises.  

5 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

this is kind of a strange question. Are you planning on NOT bringing the credit card?

i actually don't think this is a strange question.  this might be a person that just applied for a card and needs to meet a spend bonus - chase/amex will give you digital card numbers that you can use while you're waiting on the card.  i've done this a ton (even got a conrad to run my interim CC number off a scribbled scrap paper).

could also be someone who has misplaced their card somewhere in their home, so it's not "lost" lost, just not on their person at the time.

16 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

i actually don't think this is a strange question.  this might be a person that just applied for a card and needs to meet a spend bonus - chase/amex will give you digital card numbers that you can use while you're waiting on the card.  i've done this a ton (even got a conrad to run my interim CC number off a scribbled scrap paper).

could also be someone who has misplaced their card somewhere in their home, so it's not "lost" lost, just not on their person at the time.

even if you don’t have the card you entered in check in, it is probably good advice to have a physical card of some type with you in the ship just in case, I wouldn’t risk having nothing except an interim number. 

3 minutes ago, neverendingcruising said:

A place that accepts a card number scribbled on a piece of paper is asking for fraudulent cards. 

with accompanying valid ID used to check into the hotel, the billing zip, etc., not so much.  it's not like we're talking about a roadside motel 6 here - it's a $1k+/night hotel.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:19 PM, neverendingcruising said:

If I was using a stolen card I would definitely go to a place charging $1,000/night over Motel 6, lol

Yer, and one that your trapped away from land with no way of getting off unless you packed a boat in your carry in lol