Golfcart ?

Thad409

It really depends on what you intend to do.

If you want to get off the ship, and just stay around Duval street and the attractions, restaurants and shopping near there, the answer is no.  Walking would be just fine.  Or hop on the Conch Train or one of the trolleys and use that for transportation.

However, if you want to get out and really see some parts of Key West, or if you don't want to make the long hike down to some of the attractions, such as the Hemingway House or the Southernmost Point, then having a golf cart would be advisable.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:06 PM, jaga04 said:

Another thing to consider is that if you want to go into attractions, you will have to park the golf cart in a parking spot, like any other vehicle.  Parking isn't easy in Old Town.  

This.  If you're able-bodied, I'd recommend walking.  We walked all the way to the Southernmost Point and back.  It's not a difficult walk at all and is a little over a mile each way, I think.  Much easier to stop wherever we wanted for a drink, key lime pie, Hemingway house, etc.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2023 at 12:50 PM, Cuckoo7 said:

This.  If you're able-bodied, I'd recommend walking.  We walked all the way to the Southernmost Point and back.  It's not a difficult walk at all and is a little over a mile each way, I think.  Much easier to stop wherever we wanted for a drink, key lime pie, Hemingway house, etc.

We did too, and all over, mostly walking, using the conch train or trollies at times.  We're in our 70's.  Parking is a problem.

• 1 month later...

10-15 minutes seems about right.  Keep in mind that the bus does a loop and there will be more stops on the way back to the port, probably taking roughly 30 minutes if you stay on the whole way.  You'll get to see much of Old Town.