Booking Specialty Dining with Included Package

alwaysfrantic

Dining reservations opened for my early September cruise.  I went to reserve Pinnacle for the first night (not open it seems?) so I did book the second night but I was charged.  At the time I made it it asked for a promo code which I wasn’t given.  I paid and have a receipt though I can’t see it nor can HAL when I inquired about the charge.  

How do I reserve a “free” reservation? 

13 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

How do I reserve a “free” reservation? 

When booking there will be a box (circle?) to check to indicate you are using your promo reservation credit(s). Then there will be a list to indicate which passenger's credit is being used. To have the amount go to $0.00 you must select the names. This will be before the checkout page.  There is no promo code to use.

Edited by Cruise Suzy

28 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Finally a guy there said just try again in May.  No free spots open yet.  But it shows I have the credits.  Then he said we only get 1 free on the 7 night; not 1 each.  

That makes sense for the reason. The specialty restaurant spots get booked up fairly quickly.

3 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

That makes sense for the reason. The specialty restaurant spots get booked up fairly quickly.

The reservations only opened last evening.  Slots were available, some glitch keeps me from doing anything though.  

I called again and got a different agent.  She immediately said no problem, cancelled the paid one and booked it under the promo.  All set now. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Just had a look at my December cruise. There's one specialty restaurant available to book now. Am assuming that ticking the box that says 'complimentary' will lead to a zero charge. Just waiting on OH for a date!

Linda

In theory.  But it did not work for me. 

• Like 1

I just got the email this afternoon myself for our September Alaska cruise, I was shocked because I had just looked at it yesterday and it was not available. I was able to book Pinnacle using our Have It All Complimentary for both of us, then went back in and reserved Canaletto and paid for that. We are 130 days from the Alaska Cruise. I was previously told it would be at 90 days.

Now I need to check our December cruise although doub that will be available. 

• Like 1

Well, I just tried to book dining for my mid-September cruise and for the first time, a restaurant showed to book. But....only the Pinnacle, no complimentary box, and only 5pm,5:30, and 6pm available. Did not try to book. Want different times and different restaurants. Hope there is some availability....

P.S. Just read the previous response. I think ours is 139 days out, so will try in a few more days.

Edited by PSR

For what it's worth, I'll offer the following information. I don't have any special access but I'll report what I found out.

I am scheduled for a seven night cruise. One restaurant opened for booking, the others didn't. Then all opened but not for all nights.

I called General Customer Service who said "keep trying, maybe something will open up, or you can try when you get on board"

I called Dining Services (because I didn't believe the first answer) who told me they are updating their booking systems for dining and excursions. To install the new system they are doing it in blocks to avoid interfering with reservations that have already been made. So dates will be opening but may not be all posted at once.

They expect things to be installed over the next two to three weeks, give or take. Once the new system is in and as the existing reservations are migrated, they can open more dates.

- That's certainly a better answer than "try again". 

Keep it in perspective, you'll be on a cruise. That's much better than eating at home.

• Like 1

Is it typically a problem getting reservations for Pinnacle Grill once on board? We have a 15 night transpacific trip booked for 2025 (great deal on the early booking), so there would be a great deal of flexibility as to which night we choose for our included specialty dining.

31 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not true. Just booked Canaletto on line for September, no problem.

That's interesting, since a month ago or so there was a long thread about booking Canaletto. Vandelay's post that he got info that they were updating the system probably explains the earlier issue, which means that someone on that thread was given the wrong info by HAL, surprise! 

42 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not true. Just booked Canaletto on line for September, no problem.

I also just booked and paid for Canaletto for a September cruise, it just became available. I used my HIA dining for Pinnacle , then booked Canaletto.

• Like 1