We have a port day in Opatija. Many of the excursions are to places 75-90 min away. We are not excursion/bus travelers. Does anyone have experience with Opatija. I am seeing that it appears to be a seaside resort but not sure if there is much history to explore. I would appreciate any input as. To whether this is a good port to DIY for a full day, or whether we should look at grabbing an Uber to a nearby place…..any suggestions welcome!  Thanks!  

I read that as an option. The amphitheater picture looks pretty amazing. I really will want to use transportation other than a ship excursion. I would think that Uber might be an option?  I will look further into this thanks for the suggestion. 

On 4/27/2023 at 12:18 AM, Vineyard View said:

We have a port day in Opatija. Many of the excursions are to places 75-90 min away. We are not excursion/bus travelers. Does anyone have experience with Opatija. I am seeing that it appears to be a seaside resort but not sure if there is much history to explore. I would appreciate any input as. To whether this is a good port to DIY for a full day, or whether we should look at grabbing an Uber to a nearby place…..any suggestions welcome!  Thanks!  

We were in Opatija last week - the first port on our first ever cruise.

Though it was a nice visit, and we took a walk along the coast after our walking tour, I'd say that you've described it well!  Get yourself out of town if there is anything that appeals to you!