What are the hairdryers like on Pursuit please?

Sallyandtex

I always have difficulty searching these forums, I can only find older posts, sorry if asked before.

Is there anyone on Pursuit recently that has thicker hair that has used the hairdryer?

Travelling a long way and travelling lighter so prefer not to bring my own.

Thanks!

On 4/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, WatchHill said:

We were on the Pursuit in March of this year. Hair dryer was OK, not as powerful/hot as I use at home, but tolerable. I have very fine hair, but lots of it.  

Darcy

Thanks Darcy!  Did you have to hold down the power button?

Edited by Sallyandtex
Add

33 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Thanks Darcy!  Did you have to hold down the power button?

Yes on Pursuit you do, only onward has lost the hold down to date.  They really are not powerful enough for mu type of long hair but others might have fared better

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes on Pursuit you do, only onward has lost the hold down to date.  They really are not powerful enough for mu type of long hair but others might have fared better

Thanks! Do you think they are equal to a travel hairdryer? Won't have room for my larger heavier one and considering getting a small travel one, but not if the cabin one is similar power.

3 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Thanks! Do you think they are equal to a travel hairdryer? Won't have room for my larger heavier one and considering getting a small travel one, but not if the cabin one is similar power.

Very much depends on the travel dryer. Some more expensive ones are far better

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

As a rule I always bring my own hairdryer as I have very thick hair.  

Just been looking online, there's some that are 2000w versus 1200w. 220 to 240 v here in Australia. Thinking of the 2000w to buy but will the ships voltage etc handle it, I mean will it be a waste to get the 2000, just go with the 1200?

Hmm I’m not sure.  We’re US, so I know ours will work.  I believe but not 100% sure that there’s a plug for a different voltage.  We travel with a set of converters, maybe that’s something to bring along.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 12:39 PM, Sallyandtex said:

Just been looking online, there's some that are 2000w versus 1200w. 220 to 240 v here in Australia. Thinking of the 2000w to buy but will the ships voltage etc handle it, I mean will it be a waste to get the 2000, just go with the 1200?

Katrina, you may need to check and see if Pursuit has Euro or British outlet plug, as the US one is only 120volt and your Aussie appliance works on 240volt and will only be half as powerful, so I usually use Euro or British outlet if available as they are usually 220volt.  Unless you get a travel hair dryer that has a switch which you can change to either volt…maybe check them out…..cheers Vicki 

14 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Katrina, you may need to check and see if Pursuit has Euro or British outlet plug, as the US one is only 120volt and your Aussie appliance works on 240volt and will only be half as powerful, so I usually use Euro or British outlet if available as they are usually 220volt.  Unless you get a travel hair dryer that has a switch which you can change to either volt…maybe check them out…..cheers Vicki 

Thanks Vicki

Hi S&T and KK…

We are on the Pursuit with you in June, and although we haven’t been on the Pursuit, the configuration on the other AZs are 120 US and 240 Euro… plus the lamps next to the beds have a USB port… and I think there is another plug for the lamps (and the vacuum) … hidden behind the bed… think it might be Euro, but wouldn’t bet on it for the Pursuit…  Adaptors needed for your Aussie plugs to Euro but you don’t need the converter! 

Forget what the bathroom has!

M