Increased Medallion Wifi Rates

mikjr

On 4/29/2023 at 10:41 AM, caribill said:

I do have automatic payments on some utilities (cable, electricity), but the payments go to credit cards which must get paid.

Although credit cards can also be set up for autopay, I would never pay a credit card bill sight unseen due to the possibility of fraudulent or incorrect charges. 

Sure on a short cruise of two weeks or less I would be home in time to pay any bills, but on a trip longer than that, I would have to pay while on the trip.

And in the days before anyone had one or more Internet devices, ships only had Internet availability via an Internet Cafe and, in Princess's case, a computer in each full suite.

So back then I would purchase Internet minutes to do what was essential while traveling.

Even with free Platinum/Elite Internet minutes, I would use the Internet less than 10 minutes a day.

(By the way, back before anyone had one or more Internet devices, the Platinum/Elite benefit was for unlimited Internet minutes in the Internet Cafe.)

I just send in enough money before I leave to cover any of the charges when I'm away. 

If there are any fraudulent charges I can deal with them when I get back. I doubt if they wouldn't let you dispute them as soon as you return. 

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I just send in enough money before I leave to cover any of the charges when I'm away. 

If there are any fraudulent charges I can deal with them when I get back. I doubt if they wouldn't let you dispute them as soon as you return. 

Since I have not yet taken the cruise and made any charges while in ports, there is no way to send in money in advance to cover what may come due before the cruise ends.

Certainly not a problem with a short cruise, but when on a trip of a month or more, charges made during the trip can require payment before returning home.

16 hours ago, caribill said:

Since I have not yet taken the cruise and made any charges while in ports, there is no way to send in money in advance to cover what may come due before the cruise ends.

Certainly not a problem with a short cruise, but when on a trip of a month or more, charges made during the trip can require payment before returning home.

I just send in extra money to cover all my future charges.

As long as there's a positive balance you're good the future months with out having to worry about a penalty. 

Guest ldtr
On 4/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, SargassoPirate said:

And can somebody explain the need to be connected when you are on a cruise?  Not the WANT, but the NEED?

Clearly to access Cruise Critic😁

On 4/30/2023 at 4:50 PM, ldtr said:

for a couple just book 2 individual wifi. Elite discount would be 7.50 each per day. or 240 for a 16 day cruise. Even cheaper would be 1 individual wifi which would be  $120 and share that connection. When the second  connects it disconnects the first person. Just coordinate who is going to use it when.

As a couple we would just buy a single device and hotspot to each device