Time needed for restaurants (Dinner)?

gregluk

29 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on my previous cruises, Manhattan/taste is around 45 minutes to an hour. Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Moderno slightly over a hour 

The only time I've made it out of a mdr in less than an hour is one time when we only ordered appetizers. 

45 minutes to an hour is crazy 🤪 talk. Lmao 😂 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gregluk said:

How long roughly would we expect to spend for dinner in the following venues: Manhatten/Taste , Cagneys, Teppanyaki, Moderno 

Just trying to plan some stuff.

Thanks

Teppanyaki is on a fixed schedule.  They need to finish service for your seating in time to be ready for the next group, so just under 90 minutes is typical.  Our experience in any of the MDRs is about 90 minutes, sometimes a bit less, but usually a bit more, especially if you order an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert.  Cagney's is usually a bit more slowly paced, as are many steak houses, so you can expect about two hours.  If you let your waiter know in advance that you need to be done earlier, they can expedite service a bit, but I don't ever recall being done in under 90 minutes.  Moderno is the kind of place you go when you want to revel in gluttony, i.e. pig out.  You can easily find yourself there for more than two hours.  If you push it, though, especially if you skip dessert, you could trim it to an hour - but why rush?  We have been on more than 30 NCL cruises, so that comes to about 100 dinners in specialty restaurants, plus almost 200 in the MDR, O'Sheehan's, or the buffet.  Except for O'Sheehan's and the buffet, I don't think we have ever finished in under an hour.

6 hours ago, gregluk said:

How long roughly would we expect to spend for dinner in the following venues: Manhattan/Taste , Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Moderno 

Just trying to plan some stuff.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Plan about 1.5 hours for dinner. If you need to rush, tell your server and they will try to get you out. We allow 2.0 hours and have leisurely dinners. 

At this time, with ships being full and oversold and NCL cutting back staff in most departments, including the galleys and restaurant staff, allow two hours per meal. Teppanyaki has always been 1.5 hours in my experience. The fastest are Moderno, the Asian restaurant (which I no longer eat at because the food is bad) and Food Republic. Los Lobos can be a quicker meal as it is not usually crowded.

Edited by YVRteacher