LIVE! Liberty of the Seas April 28, 2023 to Vision of the Seas May 1, 2023: A side-to-side with Dragon of the Seas

9 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

PS--the Cruise Compass is online now.  You have to ask for a hard coy.

Is it just the app listing? Or is there an option for an electronic pdf version of the actual cruise compass?

• Like 1

I didn’t think we would have many children on this cruise, but there are a few on board. So I took these pictures of the children’s area on the first day when they were no children there. Because adults of course are not allowed in here when children are occupying the rooms. 

this is the baby in tots area. Parents have to come here with their children and I can play on these toys.

0FE2383A-5513-47F2-972B-4D9CE6F530FA.thumb.jpeg.9472c4f43c604375b68827cd6d8d4021.jpeg

CF3E3D17-93E9-4D01-A932-53725F51D9D2.thumb.jpeg.7e25373c097f55d8227c54d7e733d1ca.jpeg

75EDA49C-58E0-4DF7-A303-40E1A8CB902B.thumb.jpeg.1f19002b32008fcccefd5cfe64204241.jpeg

2267BA24-BE36-4222-BE0D-0B12A4329F36.thumb.jpeg.76cc211af8a5ae7e6c4e1eaed3740c48.jpeg

Here is som information on Adventure Ocean. 

On the Liberty of the Seas there gobs of kids. We saw them at n the elevator excited to go back to a session. I have always heard that Royal Caribbean does a nice job with us.

314C7C50-F284-4E33-80F8-6C2D984E3D44.thumb.jpeg.f6c1be96f96c4b38460a76dc1f6013e6.jpeg

this is a 10 day cruise so here is an overview of the schedule for the 6-10 days. It kind of gives you an idea of what they do.

DC581D0B-7955-4B2C-B48C-5A4BC9F8A96D.thumb.jpeg.875279989931e5e8792892da556ca48d.jpeg

E0C654A0-A763-4524-BF3B-1EE002E723D9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PGHProducer said:

Is it just the app listing? Or is there an option for an electronic pdf version of the actual cruise compass?

I have an asked for an electronic PDF version. I’ll ask about that. But I do not think that the app is anywhere as good as the Cruise Compass on paper. You have to keep flipping back between categories. And that’s too much trouble.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I have an asked for an electronic PDF version. I’ll ask about that. But I do not think that the app is anywhere as good as the Cruise Compass on paper. You have to keep flipping back between categories. And that’s too much trouble.

Oh I hate the app with a passion. I’d be OK with an electronic version of the actual compass.

but otherwise, yeah. They’re gonna have to provide a paper copy for me!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Delta— This is in regards to your question about the tables in the dining room. I’m too lazy to go back and find the actual post. Ha ha. 😁

The tables are set up a little differently from the Grandeur. As you come in the dining room there are two tables on the right hand side of the aisle. The first one is table 100 and it has six chairs, the second one is table 101 and it has seven chairs, and the third one is 102. It’s on the left-hand side of the aisle and it seats eight. (pictures are in order)

36D44B75-DD25-4EED-BC51-5038DB81BFA7.thumb.jpeg.b13f64322c19865027108e8f6575f7a1.jpeg

FDAA17DF-B4ED-48DF-8174-57F8C9FFC657.thumb.jpeg.b35308f2d5ae322e43a3efc2b0588245.jpeg

BF53137B-27CA-431E-BCA8-9879924315E2.thumb.jpeg.43e13904167e077e5b00372a52bda205.jpeg

But none of them are surrounded by a barrier like we’ve had on the Grandeur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

when you were up at the kids club, did you happen to go to the arcade and if so, do you remember if there was an air hockey table? If you didnt, dont make an extra trip. 

We did walk through the arcade.  I do not remember seeing one.  But, I may end up on that deck again and I will let you know if I see one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We did walk through the arcade.  I do not remember seeing one.  But, I may end up on that deck again and I will let you know if I see one.

thank you but again, dont make the extra trip. 

one more question. I keep seeing something on the app saying aromatherapy steam and sauna room with heated loungers. could this be true? 

great question! I have a class i will be in on-board and was also wondering. 

I have not had any trouble. There used to be surf packages and stream packages.  Now there is only one level--surf and stream. 

I have been able to upload pictures easily.  Also, I have watched short videos.  [i.e. news broadcast segments]  I have not tried to watch a longer video.  Maybe someone else on the ship reading this can add their experience. 

I may be using my DIRECTV account to try to watch the Kentucky Derby.  It is on NBC and that is not on the TV.  There has been no mention of it being shown anywhere on the ship. 

The hotel director [she is British] announced the coronation would be on the TV on the BBC and the planned to show it in the theatre.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2

I have a couple of crew comments.  

The next cruise supervisor is James.  He is an Asian gentleman that has been on the ships out of Baltimore over the years.  I am sure veteran Baltimore cruisers will recognize him.

The Cruise Director is Baliant Gabor Aron.  He goes by Bal.  He started with the company 12 years ago with the Oasis as one of the sport staff and worked his way up through the ranks and got to be sport supervisor before he was named CD. This is his first CD contract. He said he is the only person in Royal Caribbean to get to be CD from the Sports staff.  He leads a morning walk on the track each day.

The Loyalty Ambassador is Consolata.  She is both a breath of fresh air and a bit over the top. LOL  😮😁 She is from Kenya and her English is not always the best.  As she introduced the various passengers in the Top Tier event she slaughtered names and places.  I am not saying this to criticize.  Milwaukee and Gibraltar were the best or worst depending on your point of view.  The audience laughed.  But she is not offended.  She embraces it and asks the audience to help her.  When she announced the new pinnacles, she would do the sounds you hear at African soccer matches. [Lay Lay Lay Lay Lay Leeeee]  It will get your attention.  Just thinking about her makes me smile.

However, she is good at her job.  I needed her to post the three day cruise to our account.  It would normally be a couple of weeks before the points post.  However, I needed those 3 points to get a crystal block on this ship.  She looked at the block list and said "I see you are not on here.  But that is not your problem.  I will fix this."  I will let you know if I get it. She did tell me they no longer mail blocks.  You either take it from the ship or you do not get it.

She gave me her card and told me to call if I did not get it by tomorrow night. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have a question if you have the opportunity would you please take a picture from the upper dining room (from both ends) of the dining room below.  I am having a hard time picturing where those table pictures are located.  Do you only enter from one location?  Thank you for taking your cruising time to help us out and so informative.  Pat

8 minutes ago, rtb said:

I have a question if you have the opportunity would you please take a picture from the upper dining room (from both ends) of the dining room below.  I am having a hard time picturing where those table pictures are located.  Do you only enter from one location?  Thank you for taking your cruising time to help us out and so informative.  Pat

No, you enter the dining room using two doors. We are going to lunch there in a little while and I will get you pictures. 

Delta likes to put together a table of late dining partners that she has "met" on Cruise critic.  [and often cruised with prior]  On the Grandeur there is a table for 8 or 10 [can't remember] just inside the door that has a railing around it and a small ramp leading to it because it is raised a bit.  We have joined Delta when our itineraries matched, and conversation is easier on this round table rather than a thin long one. JMHO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

No, you enter the dining room using two doors. We are going to lunch there in a little while and I will get you pictures. 

Delta likes to put together a table of late dining partners that she has "met" on Cruise critic.  [and often cruised with prior]  On the Grandeur there is a table for 8 or 10 [can't remember] just inside the door that has a railing around it and a small ramp leading to it because it is raised a bit.  We have joined Delta when our itineraries matched, and conversation is easier on this round table rather than a thin long one. JMHO

She has helped me in the past we like the same table but she uses it at late seating and we do early seating.  We like the 8 top but will take a 10 top just harder to hear the conversation and not oblong.  Thank you

On reposition and transatlantic, or any longer cruises, the ship often has a lecture series.  On a transatlantic we once had the producer of the original Top Gun movie.  His lectures were full of video clips and insider information.  He was great.  I know most people do not go on cruises to hear lectures.  🙄 

We have a lecture series on this cruise.  This is the posting from the performers introducing themselves

Hi, Bill and Sue Wills of Presidents and Their First Ladies, dramatically speaking, giving you an update on our guest lectures for this cruise. Below you will see the schedule, but always double check on your app or cruise compass.

Dressed in "presentation black" and using wigs and small props to help create the characters, we will in dramatic fashion take on their personalities and tell their life stories, mentioning their connection to our ports of call. These are 45 minute reader theater shows, which shows can be filled with triumph and tragedies, humor and pathos and decisions that affected the course of our nation. In the past 26 years we have given over 5,000 performances of the 35 Presidential couples we have researched and written.

Yesterday's lecture conflicted with the pub crawl.  . . . and you all know which I selected.  😂🍹😁

Here is the schedule of lectures

lecturesonVision.jpg.fc5874021a666969520d1dcd29e88deb.jpg

Today's lecture on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt was vey good.  DH and I are history buffs, so we know must of the information.  But they had researched to find information with ties to Baltimore and the ABC islands.  It was well done.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2

I found a pretty good dynamic picture of the MDR taken from the balcony looking across to the staircase and the piano.  Question:  is that facing the front of the ship and the Centrum or the back?

The picture is at the 1:12 minute mark of this video:

• Thanks 1

Here we are in Curaçao. It looked kind of gray when we first approached the shore. Very cloudy. There was no sunrise picture this morning.

5FED809C-AC2D-4F50-924B-3EB4376CAD5E.thumb.jpeg.a3519c3e1a7ba51e1a9688bbb4b0b715.jpeg

You can see that we’re sharing Curacao today with the Carnival horizon.

08539343-E3EF-42B9-97DD-0A95B9F8B5A6.thumb.jpeg.53ecfd298b6d0b0403ea9dea2e312a16.jpeg

C0B6A988-5274-4BFF-9526-F5B885221041.thumb.jpeg.7b3d6ff45a7fc04146a7a1424887aef8.jpeg

But the clouds have all been burnt off by the sun and it is HOT. ☀️

we are at the mega pier. Which is outside of the Saint Anna Harbour, but not really too far from the city. 

D89E3022-65B0-4B9A-8116-484AFFE469E3.thumb.jpeg.fec9532604604fc9b4e2e7669fd783ab.jpeg

A44F6AFC-FEDA-4710-A847-90CB67E3D963.thumb.jpeg.c498cfba17cc49ccdac76b93d56a5813.jpeg

• Like 2