FUTURE BOOKING QUESTION

80sGal

We are new to NCL, but not to cruising.   We have a booking on Breakaway, and I have found another NCL that I want to book but it is a long way out.   Once we've completed our first sailing with NCL, will we receive promos like we do with other lines for (slightly) cheaper rates than the general advertisements?   Trying to decide if it's worth booking now and get the cabin/deck I want, vs. waiting several months to see what promos I might get after our first sailing.   Any insights are appreciated!

We never receive any specials.i book what i want and every day i check the rates (no matter how far out it is) if rate goes down i notify and get the reduction. 

Only plus to waiting to book would be to buy some cruise next to use for the next booking.  

I always book far in advance to get my location. Recently last minute i went with daughter and granddaughter. My location was all booked up and prices had gone up.

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

we're currently booked on b2b cruises starting oct 17th 2024

We have our next booked for Sept of this year and we have been looking to (maybe) squeeze in another before that...can't imagine waiting for a year and a half, the anticipation would make me 🤪

Very rarely will NCL do much in the way of discounts for past customers. The have given discounts in the past but that was a long time ago.  I've been told the best way to get a discount is to let your pcc know what you're planning, NCL randomly puts discounts in peoples accounts based on their interests.

One thing you can do is buy Cruise Next certificates during your cruise,  to apply to a future cruise.  That can save you from $100 to $250 on a future cruise, possibly more if sailing in Haven. Value varies by when you are sailing, when you book, and cabin class.

Depending on the cruise and the ship, I would put a deposit down and get the exact accomadations you want.

I just booked a cruise for June 2024 because it is on one of the small ships and very different itinerary

Hi,

I agree book now if you have found something you like.  There is no guarantee that prices will go down.  I booked my Caribbean cruise in November for this May at a super good  price with various promotions and now the price has tripled.

Enjoy whichever cruise you decide on.

happytotravel