Luggage drop in Amsterdam Cruise Terminal

How early does the luggage drop open in the Amsterdam Cruise Terminal? We have a 6 AM arrival in Amsterdam and expect cruise boarding about noon. We would love to get rid of our luggage so we can take a walk or canal boat ride.

I see on the terminal site there are luggage lockers but can't figure out if they will accommodate two 26 inch suitcases. If yes, this would be an option if the luggage drop does not open early.

I can't speak for Amsterdam itself, but usually the drop off time is dependent on the luggage porters first finishing their work in getting the disembarking passengers' luggage all unloaded and ready for pickup in the luggage claim area.  Once they finish that, they probably take a coffee or breakfast break.  Then they probably return to work to start accepting new bags from the arriving passengers.  I would guess 9am.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 3:22 PM, islander47 said:

I see on the terminal site there are luggage lockers but can't figure out if they will accommodate two 26 inch suitcases. If yes, this would be an option if the luggage drop does not open early.

"There are 38 different luggage lockers here (30 large & 8 small). The rates: €6.00 for a large locker and €4.00 for a small locker.
These rates are per 24 hours so additional fees must be paid after 48 hours before opening.
Intermediate opening and closing is possible not then you have to pay again.
The lockers only work with exact change (no bills, no pin).

Small locker € 4.00 / 24h W35 cm x H45 cm x D85 cm
Large locker € 6.00 / 24h W35 cm x H62 cm x D85 cm
Only € 1 and € 2 coins"  

Your 26 inch cuitcase = 66cm so that will fit the D85, but it depends on the other measures whether 2 of them will fit in a large locker. Maybe in 2 small lockers for only € 2 more.  Enjoy your hours in Amsterdam! 

• Like 1

Recently sailed out/in at this port. I would say you have a good chance that they will take your luggage if not the poster above gave you some great info.

I must say that this terminal is one of the best we've used (and we've used many). They are so friendly and well organized. A staff member actually came out to our taxi and loaded our two very large bags onto a cart wheeled them in and then tagged them and put them onto the conveyer belt. and then walked us to the checkin line. At one point I thought he was going to walk us onboard !!! First class service at it's best !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1