Two Questions regarding being upgraded at pier with luggage and Prescriptions

Red-Sol

Recieved an email basically saying our bid to upgrade hasn't been accepted yet but is still under consideration and could possibly be accepted up to 0 hours before leaving. In other words at the pier. (We leave tomorrow on Prima) So I am wondering if there would be a problem getting luggage that will already have been tagged and dropped off with cabin number if we get changed (upgraded) at the pier? Will NCL somehow flag that the luggage will have the wrong cabin number on it and needs to be rerouted?

Second question is on prescriptions....Is it ever a problem bringing on prescriptions (like in a daily container) that would not have a prescription label?...or would it be better not doing it that way.

Thanks!

The chances of an upgrade are remote so I wouldn't worry about it.  Plus, I'm sure NCL can get you your bags. Might be a delay but you will get them.

We've never experienced a problem with medications in daily containers.  BTW, amazon has some neat baggies for prescription drugs.  these are about 2x3 inches and they work quite well.

Suggest you keep prescriptions in your carry-on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

Received an email basically saying our bid to upgrade hasn't been accepted yet but is still under consideration and could possibly be accepted up to 0 hours before leaving. In other words at the pier. (We leave tomorrow on Prima) So I am wondering if there would be a problem getting luggage that will already have been tagged and dropped off with cabin number if we get changed (upgraded) at the pier? Will NCL somehow flag that the luggage will have the wrong cabin number on it and needs to be rerouted?

Second question is on prescriptions....Is it ever a problem bringing on prescriptions (like in a daily container) that would not have a prescription label?...or would it be better not doing it that way.

Thanks!

Upgrade at the Pier: Pre-pandemic, you would get your "reject" email 48 hours before cruise (when reservations are transferred from shore-side to the ship). Because of last minute cancellations (COVID and such), they have extended the upgrade window to departure from the pier. If the onboard team does upgrades, they are normally only focused on filling the suites that are vacant due to no-shows. The probability of an onboard upgrade is zero (or very near zero). The crew will help you pack your old room and move to your new room shortly before departure. Luggage is not "re-routed". 

There is no written policy on prescriptions. If it is a few tablets, then original bottles are better. Personally, between the two of us, we have a number of different tablets, vials, bottles, and syringes, and do not carry any original bottles and boxes,,, just our daily pill minders and sharps in small containers. We travel 2-3 times a month and cruise 6-7 times a year and have not had any issues. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

I take my prescriptions in thier original containers just in case of a medical emergency and someone needs to know what I am taking or I need to get a re-fill somewhere.

apple health allows you to list your prescriptions, dosages, timing.  Very convenient to have on your phone.

The prescriptions would depend on the type  any controlled substance I would bring the bottle.

The key is can the prescription be refilled if not then bring the bottle.

Normal stuff for blood pressure, cholesterol or blood thinner I would not be too worried but you should have a list somewhere in case it is needed and you cannot speak.   

• Like 1