Pre paid Laundry Question

rikitikitavii

Wife and I are taking an 11 night cruise on MERAVIGLIA later this year. I know MSC offers 10, 20,40 pieces of laundry packages.

If I get a 10 piece package and wife gets 10 piece package, does that allow us to have 10 garments cleaned early in the cruise and 10 later in the cruise?

Serms like it would but just checking to see if anyone has had experience!!

Thanks in advance!!

It will depend on your cabin steward.  I purchased the 10 items package for our recent cruise and used it to have items ironed on the first day.  At first I was told ‘No’ but I told the steward that I’d done it before and he got it done for me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It will depend on your cabin steward.  I purchased the 10 items package for our recent cruise and used it to have items ironed on the first day.  At first I was told ‘No’ but I told the steward that I’d done it before and he got it done for me. 

Thanks Beamafar, we are in NYC for 3 days prior to boarding, so I’m sure we will have 10 items by the 2nd or 3rd day, we travel carry on only, so would probably need 10 items early and 10 items later. Not sure if it would matter, but we are in YC.

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Wait wait wait wait...are you saying that what happens on an MSC ship depends on your particular circumstances instead of a fixed policy???

Shocking!!!!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Wait wait wait wait...are you saying that what happens on an MSC ship depends on your particular circumstances instead of a fixed policy???

Shocking!!!!

Well, in this case, it’s a question of flexibility one sometimes experiences onboard. 😁

• Haha 1

We'll be on for 2 weeks in September, after 3 days pre-cruise in Miami, so I know we'll have some laundry. If I pre-purchase a 20 piece package, can you split it up, or do all 20 pieces have to be done at the same time?

11 minutes ago, jules815 said:

We'll be on for 2 weeks in September, after 3 days pre-cruise in Miami, so I know we'll have some laundry. If I pre-purchase a 20 piece package, can you split it up, or do all 20 pieces have to be done at the same time?

Some have reported they are able to split, others say they were denied.

Sorry this doesn't answer you, but that is, unfortunately, the reality with MSC.

That being said, I suspect if you are polite about it, you can make it happen...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jules815 said:

I’m hoping if I order two of the 10 piece, I can use them separately, probably day 3 and day 7.