Scenic Azure Portugal

CharlieWoo

1 hour ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Took the cruise last April. Loved it.

What tips are you looking for?

Assume you are already booked, but if not best weather according to our Cruise Director is before mid-May and after mid-October. Otherwise it can be very hot.

Hi. Yes I am booked for the first week in June but I don't mind hot at all:) What tips?  How people dress? is it very casual jean shorts and t shirts or a bit less casual ?  Is the food as good as they say?  If yes I had better start a diet now.  Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, Canal archive said:

the Portuguese are lovely people

Also, our experience plus Portugal offers good values in almost every type of travel expense. If time/budget permits, consider several days in Porto/Vila Nova de Gaia and some time on Madeira. 

• Like 2

Great trip. The scenery is amazing but found the planned trips probably not as good as other river cruises we have been on. The ship is great , food though not so good and the real downside is the fight to get tables at dinner. The queue for the dining room started well before opening . Hated it ,did tend to put us off river cruising.

• Like 1

Thank you for this feedback, negative though it is, it is very helpful.  Perhaps I should take some sandwiches... Just joking.  We like to eat early so hopefully we will be able to avoid the queue.