Are museums in Brugge open on Mondays?

Our cruise this summer includes Brugge on a Monday. I know from experience that many museums in Europe close on Mondays. Does anyone know if museums, primarily art museums as DW is a retired art teacher, are open or closed on Mondays in the summer?

TIA

The publicly funded museums are closed on Mondays but private offerings such as the Chocolate Museum, Friet Museum and Historium are open. 

You need to check out each place you are interested in.

1 hour ago, edinburgher said:

Decide which museums are of most interest to you, then, as said above, check their individual websites for opening hours, entry fees etc.

Actually, I did that earlier this morning. Some were closed, but others were open closing on Wednesdays instead of Mondays.

2 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Hope the ones of interest to you are amongst the Monday openings.😀

Even more important, I hope they are the ones my art teacher DW would be interested in. Actually, for the most part I think they are.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Even more important, I hope they are the ones my art teacher DW would be interested in. Actually, for the most part I think they are.

I give up. I did all the research, and then DW found 5 art museums. I asked if they are open on Mondays, and she said what did it matter. I reminded her that we will be there on a Monday, and she still said what did it matter, we'd be there.

We will celebrate our 46th anniversary later on that cruise, and I still don't understand how she or any other woman thinks. 🤦‍♂️