Arvia K309 on ship now.

Technoman2

Just now, Fionboard said:

Maybe they are people who have not pre booked and hope to still get in. 

That was the case with 710 Club.  Though I couldn't fathom out why people were queuing so long for the theatre.  Some people were at the door 30 minutes before opening.  

13 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I just don't get why folk have a fixed booking for something, but insist on still getting there thirty minutes early to queue. All they achieve is making the place look untidy and causing the sheep, who see a queue and have a serious case of FOMO, to join it and so make it longer and more untidy.

The theatre has very limited wheelchair plus carer seating, so if we want to sit together there is no option except to try to be among the first to enter.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The theatre has very limited wheelchair plus carer seating, so if we want to sit together there is no option except to try to be among the first to enter.

I get that, it affects us too; perhaps I should have said, except for those for whom it is absolutely necessary.

36 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I just don't get why folk have a fixed booking for something, but insist on still getting there thirty minutes early to queue. All they achieve is making the place look untidy and causing the sheep, who see a queue and have a serious case of FOMO, to join it and so make it longer and more untidy.

28 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Maybe they are people who have not pre booked and hope to still get in. 

My post refers to folk that after venues for which a booking is a necessity; prime examples being the Limelight Club and Chef's Table.  Although, I think for the former, P&O have added to the problem by now seating guests according to arrival time at the venue rather than in strict booking order.

We have been at sea for last 2 days. First day off portugal rain most of the day so watched elvis movie. Very good. Only 50 seats in cinema so count how many in queue if going to watch about 30 people queued but didnt get in. We have eaten the last 2 nights in Olive Grove. First night was Celebtstion night i had the yellow fin tuna with caviar as a starter and fillet steak for main course. Very nice. Last night it was the greek mezze starter, then tuna steak for main. Both nights took over 2hrs to get finished. In at 6pm out at aroynd 8.10. Saw ODY. C show 2 last night which was good and josh Adams comedian, same jokes but still made us laugh. Dont mention manu game. The queue for the meridien at 5.45 last night was 20yds past olive grove and we thought it was for our restaurant. It was moving ok though. Tuna starter pic and anyone want to blow onboard spend on a double whiskey lol. A few pods of

IMG_20230503_182239.jpg

IMG_20230502_224836.jpg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

Ready for the Kings Coronation👑

Tonights menu. 

IMG_20230505_155505.jpg

IMG_20230505_160342.jpg

IMG_20230505_160411.jpg

Thanks - that’s an interesting menu. They really have been economising on those food costs! Most of that represents pretty cheap ingredients which just wouldn’t have made up the major part of a menu even five years back. 

The excellent Dover Sole, for example, has been replaced by the distinctly inferior Witch sole/flounder, which really isn’t in the same league, and you can’t get much cheaper than chicken and lasagne!  Palatable enough, maybe, but a bit of a let down?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Had a stunning sea day yesterday. Cloudless sky, flat sea. They really made an effort with bunting and a special royal quiz in brodies last night, a great party atmosphere. The menu was nice, i had the roasted garlic beef. A bit like beef wellington without pastry. 

• Like 1

So we are in la spezia today doing our own thing. Visited a couple of villages. Bought a one day train ticket for 5 villages return for 18.20 euro each. These places and stations are rammed busy but the scenery at Monterosso al mare alone was worth it. Its about a 25 min walk from drop off point to station in la spezia or 20 euro by taxi. You really do need your mobility to visit these places. 

IMG_20230507_123404.jpg

IMG_20230507_144302.jpg

IMG_20230507_123332.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

So we are in la spezia today doing our own thing. Visited a couple of villages. Bought a one day train ticket for 5 villages return for 18.20 euro each. These places and stations are rammed busy but the scenery at Monterosso al mare alone was worth it. Its about a 25 min walk from drop off point to station in la spezia or 20 euro by taxi. You really do need your mobility to visit these places. 

IMG_20230507_123404.jpg

IMG_20230507_144302.jpg

IMG_20230507_123332.jpg

We got the local boat to Porto venere Most of it is fairly flat.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 4:19 PM, Britboys said:

Looks like the mdr menus haven't changed since last summer sadly. If they are still fleet wide, I can only but hope they have a review and change them before this summer...

At least the chicken is back!

Didnt get off in Marseiile yesterday as it was Victory in Europe day bank hol. Places said to be busy, courtesy bus queues ok after 11.30 from what we could see. Nice to be on a less crowded ship to relax. In barcelona today so will get the chargeable courtesy bus as i think too far to walk. Saw the Privateers last night in main theatre. They were good. Here are the main dining room and olive grove menus for last night. 

IMG_20230508_151717.jpg

IMG_20230508_151803.jpg

IMG_20230508_151831.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ok so we got free shuttle bus no charge even for saver fare to Barcelona. Queue in 2 lines but cleared in 5mins like clockwork. From where we got off we turned right and followed marina and beaches to Port olympic which took 40 mins had a capuccino and small draught beer for 9 euro. Two newzealanders paid 27 euro on las ramblas for 2 beers. No prices displayed 

A nice walk on a nice day but 15000 steps so im cream crackered. Just having another Birra moretti now. Its a hard life

IMG_20230509_112139.jpg

IMG_20230509_112237.jpg

IMG_20230509_103123.jpg

IMG_20230509_103227.jpg

IMG_20230509_104436.jpg

• Like 4

At sea yesterday 25c and smooth sea. I went to reception and they confirmed you could not book any meals in MDRS after 6.30 you just have to join virtual queue when on board. Saw the Headliners Take That tribute band show last night. For me the last 20 mins were the best part of the performance. Not one of their best shows. Good singers but dodgy storyline. Just a heads up particularly for Megabear. Bring cough and cold remedies. Its bern like Freshers week at uni on here with more coughing and sneezing as the two weeks progressed. Sorry if that's a bit negative but both of us have contracted it onboard but it hasnt spoiled our cruise just a niggle. Last port in Cadiz today so if i get chance i will let you know how it goes. Its a port we really like. We then have to days at sea before home on Sunday. 

IMG_20230510_164918.jpg

IMG_20230510_164850.jpg

• Thanks 2

So Cadiz was nice 25c got a map before leaving port which helps photo attached. The easiest way to get to the cathedral and old town is to turn left off ship walk about 400yds and Burger King is across the road. Follow that road and it is the easiest way to get to the cathedral and old town.. Just a heads up on drinks pricing. You are charged an additional 10% on drinks while in spanish ports this also means if your still in port at Dinner time you will be paying 10%extra for your bottles of wine beers. This may also apply to soft drinks but not sure. Thats all folks. 

IMG_20230511_154852.jpg

IMG_20230511_154907.jpg

IMG_20230511_162939.jpg

IMG_20230511_131526.jpg

IMG_20230511_154840.jpg

• Like 1