AT&T cellular offers new unlimited talk and texting on cruise ships

terrydtx

I received an email from AT&T about a new program for talk, text and some data while at sea on cruise ship. It looks like all HAL ships are included. Prices are for 30 days and has two rates $50 for limited talking and $100 for unlimited talk, text and 200MB of data. This could work for passengers who do not have HIA or an internet plan. For longer cruises this could be much less cost than the ships internet plan. I use the HIA internet and find that Wi-Fi calling on my phone works for the few times I need to call. 

Here is a link with more information:

AT&T Cruise Packages – Cruise Ship Talk, Text & Data Plans (att.com)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I received an email from AT&T about a new program for talk, text and some data while at sea on cruise ship. It looks like all HAL ships are included. Prices are for 30 days and has two rates $50 for limited talking and $100 for unlimited talk, text and 200MB of data. This could work for passengers who do not have HIA or an internet plan. For longer cruises this could be much less cost than the ships internet plan. I use the HIA internet and find that Wi-Fi calling on my phone works for the few times I need to call. 

Here is a link with more information:

AT&T Cruise Packages – Cruise Ship Talk, Text & Data Plans (att.com)

This is not a new program - I used it a year ago.   200MB is not much data so it won't substitute for an internet plan.   It's a good plan if you want to call from the ship using Celluar at Sea vice wifi calling.

• Thanks 1

AT&T also has their $10 for 24 hours international plan. So if one is only going to be calling home even 4 or 5 times it is cheaper to go this route. This is the plan I have on my phone all the time.

3 minutes ago, Reagan0712 said:

AT&T also has their $10 for 24 hours international plan. So if one is only going to be calling home even 4 or 5 times it is cheaper to go this route. This is the plan I have on my phone all the time.

That plan is only good on land and does not work on a cruise ship when not in a port. I have it too and use it when I travel.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

This is not a new program - I used it a year ago.   200MB is not much data so it won't substitute for an internet plan.   It's a good plan if you want to call from the ship using Celluar at Sea vice wifi calling.

AT&T makes everything sound like it is new.

• Like 1