Embarking in Fusina (near Venice)

cruisemom42

Has anyone got information or experience yet on how Azamara is handling cruises that depart from Fusina?

Will they check us in at Venice port (Marittima) and then arrange to transport passengers to Fusina?  Or will they check in at Fusina, in which case a hotel in Venice might not be the best option....?

I'm on the Pursuit Oct 4 sailing and would love to have some info so I can get a hotel booked pre-cruise.

38 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Has anyone got information or experience yet on how Azamara is handling cruises that depart from Fusina?

Will they check us in at Venice port (Marittima) and then arrange to transport passengers to Fusina?  Or will they check in at Fusina, in which case a hotel in Venice might not be the best option....?

I'm on the Pursuit Oct 4 sailing and would love to have some info so I can get a hotel booked pre-cruise.

Great question! We are also embarking at Venice (Fusina). We have been given no direction on this yet. 

Other cruiseline passengers are reporting that Fusina does not have a terminal to accommodate check-in (or disembarkation). They report checking in at Marittima (old cruise terminal) on the island of Venice. Luggage is trucked and passengers are bused from there to Fusina.

Here’s the link to most update-to-date Port info on website:

https://www.azamara.com/b2c/booked-guests/before-you-board/port-information

Clicking on Venice (Fusina) brings you to this:

https://www.azamara.com/static-assets/resources/Port-Information/Venice-Fusina-Port-Directions.pdf

Pier Terminal
             Fusina (Maritime Station, Venice)
Adress: Via autostrade del mare, 30176 Venice

It would be better if they spelled out that we are NOT embarking in Fusina and info on how we get to the ship as a number of cruisers have reported looking for hotels in Fusina, near the ship.

I will let you know what happens in reality after we embark on 8/22/23.

Maybe book a cancelable hotel reservation for now? That’s what we did.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thank you -- I realize the Med season is only just getting started. I'll look forward to hearing your experience.

I believe there was another sailing embarking from Venice (Fusina) before mine.  As I recall, the date was sometime in June.

Update: June 10 Croatia Intensive embarks in Fusina

Edited by JaneStarr
Add info

14 hours ago, jasardeax said:

I think that Azamara will change 

all departures to Chioggia, where we embarked on 4/22/23. 

That would sure make people with a pre-stay hotel need to scramble.

22 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

I believe there was another sailing embarking from Venice (Fusina) before mine.  As I recall, the date was sometime in June.

Update: June 10 Croatia Intensive embarks in Fusina

We are on that one and still have no details other than it is supposed to be Fusina.  We are staying in Venice and the hotel says they can't transport us to Fusina port as they are not authorised.  Azamara seem to be in meltdown with their system issues and can't help either at the moment!  I will report back.

• Thanks 1

I rang Azamara, got a call back within the hour !!, and was told the 7 Night Adriatic Cruise starting 3rd June in Athens that ends in Venice on 10th is still disembarking at Fusina port as per the itinerary.

Regards

• Like 1

Check in etc is likely to be in the Cruise Terminal that is in Tronchetto near the People Mover from Piazzale Roma. You will be bussed to the ship in Fusina

Lots of information on the Viking board.

However we were due to be in Fusina last year and we ended up in Ravenna.

Viking is now mainly using Chioggia.

I am sure Azamara will look after the transfer wherever you are docked.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

We just completed an embarkation at Fusina. The bag drop at Maritimma was very smooth and were quickly on a bus to Fusina where the main checkin took place on the ship. The buses wait until nearly full so even if you arrive early you will have to wait if lots of others have not done the same.  The normal 2.00pm checkin time was given on our documents but we dropped our bags at about 11.45 and we're transferred and on the ship by 12.45.

• Like 1