Crown Pier 35?

Sprocket

I am considering booking a cruise out of San Francisco in October port information I was able to find says the Crown leaves from Pier 35.  While I have done many coastal cruises that include SFO this would be my first departure from here.  And all my cruses we were berthed at Pier 27 I believe, it was just a short distance to Pier 39.

I can get an early morning same day flight that arrives before 8 AM into Oakland and from other posts I was able to find out that Uber leaves from the parking garage similar to Las Vegas I think.   Flight times into SFO are not an option.  Using Uber Estimate (not date specific) shows fare is anywhere from $15- $35 does that sound about right?  I understand Princess does not offer transfers from Oakland and private shuttle company prices are crazy.  Rome to Rio says taxi fare is $160+ big difference from Uber. I am in my 70's so not interested in Bart or bus as I will be solo and just want to go in a straight shot from the airport to the pier.

Flight arrives on a Sunday so am hoping traffic will not be an issue at that time.  

So for those that have used Uber from Oakland is the estimated fare even remotely close?  TIA

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

from other posts I was able to find out that Uber leaves from the parking garage similar to Las Vegas I think.

OAK doesn't even have a parking garage; it has outdoor parking lots. Per the airport's website rideshare pickups are at designated stations at the third curb outside the terminals. I think you're confusing OAK with SFO, where rideshare pickups are in the garage.

Using Uber Estimate (not date specific) shows fare is anywhere from $15- $35 does that sound about right?

No... $45 to $50 minimum is probably more like it.

Rome to Rio says taxi fare is $160+

I have no idea specifically how taxi fares are computed for OAK, but that website has some of the worst taxi estimates I've seen for other cities. For example, it grossly overestimates the taxi fare between JFK and Manhattan. 

I have the feeling $160 is about double what it would actually cost.

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

OAK doesn't even have a parking garage; it has outdoor parking lots. Per the airport's website rideshare pickups are at designated stations at the third curb outside the terminals. I think you're confusing OAK with SFO, where rideshare pickups are in the garage.

No... $45 to $50 minimum is probably more like it.

I have no idea specifically how taxi fares are computed for OAK, but that website has some of the worst taxi estimates I've seen for other cities. For example, it grossly overestimates the taxi fare between JFK and Manhattan. 

I have the feeling $160 is about double what it would actually cost.

Thanks looked at so many options guess I got them mixed up.  $45-$50 is doable and much prefer Uber over a taxi.