A little nervous about a cruise on Virgin

Universe93B

On 5/2/2023 at 8:56 PM, cantgetin said:

The only cabin issues we've had from neighbors has been smoking on balconies...both tobacco and pot.  Others have reported it on this cruise as well, but security seems unable or unwilling to do anything despite smoking on balconies being the leading cause of ship fires.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, Travel-and-See said:

I will echo the above complaint though... I have had issues with smelling pot from my balcony as well. 

I was looking at a Sea Terrace room but now wonder if I should just stick w/Sea View?  Hate the smell of cigarettes and pot... thoughts?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Hard to advise.  On my first VV cruse, we had no problems with neighbors.  OK, one played music quite loudly, but  only a time or two.  On the second cruise, there was a lot of "funny smoke." and some tobacco.  We were lucky--we were able to see them "in the act" and shot a photo the third time.  I don't know what happened between them and VV, but the offensive smell was gone for the rest of the cruise.  VV did send someone each time and put measures into effect to try to identify the cabin involved without success....of course by the time their person arrived, there was no more smell.

We loved our Sea Terrace, especially the hammock.

• 2 weeks later...

Without writing a full review, I just did a week in Alaska on the Celebrity Millenium (first time back with Celebrity since sailing multiple times with Virgin) - I think Virgin is a way more laid-back and quiet cruise line. With Celebrity, there is always a band playing or an activity happening on all areas of the ship.  On Virgin, they have designated areas where activities happen and other areas of the ship are really chill and quiet.

There are certainly things I like about both cruise lines (for me, Celebrity has much better and consistent service for example) but if anything the vibe on Virgin is more chill and relaxing unless you want to be at a party and then it's wild and crazy but in a good way (Untitled Dance Party for a great example). 

• Like 4

On 5/7/2023 at 8:50 PM, annmarz said:

my 64 year old male partner was "hit on" several times and it creeped him out.  Definitely affected his opinion of Virgin (our first time on this line).  I, on the other hand, enjoyed the cruise, with a few disappointments regarding service, food, etc. However I have now been on 42 cruises and have never had a "perfect" experience.  I prefer to roll with it and be glad I am lucky enough to even be on a cruise!

P. S. I didn't know the arcade games were free!  Sigh.

When I'm 64 and getting hit on, I will be absolutely flattered.  I'm in my 40's and smile with joy when getting ID'd for alcohol. 

• Like 1