Live Report- Norwegian Star May 11th-21st 2023. Is this my last time on a small ship?

56 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

The gardens look great. I'd be interested on knowing how much time folks had in Kinsale for the NCL or tour companies that offer Blarney and Kinsale. 

We had the Blarney and cork so I’m not sure. Hopefully someone may come along and post about it here. 
if I bump into anyone who did that tour I will ask them- to be sure! 

17 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

We decided to head over to Spike Island.

Been on our list for a while.

The standard 3.5hr return is long enough to do the main part of the fort/prison.

If you like walk another hour would be worth adding by getting a later return ferry.

IMG_20230519_174244.thumb.jpg.97b4c7f66c0300073c827c7fd114fc3d.jpg

I was just about to post our view from the ship of Spike Islabd! I’ll give you a wave! 😜

Our guide told us if you stole a rabbit you would be sent to Spike Island and await your sailing to Tasmania. Then you had three years hard labour! 

On the way back to ship I sent OH ahead for me to gets some pics.

18:00 they are calling the cabin where is he?

Called more than once got her worried.

I stroll on board plenty of time around 18:20 15 left after me could se 4 walking from the gate. 

Could have been sooner but they shut midships option  had to walk back to forward.

IMG_20230519_180050.thumb.jpg.35326fcd72870c0bd9d7f40a7a58baf8.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Last stop to see an amazing structure made with dry stones. Just amazing how well it was made!

IMG_9570.jpeg

IMG_9569.jpeg

IMG_9572.jpeg

IMG_9576.jpeg

IMG_9573.jpeg

I love your pictures! Thank you for your kind words about our missing the tour. We were very bummed about it. Thanks for posting so we can see them. 

• Like 1

I

35 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Went to O'Sheehans

They had Guinness I got one

IMG_20230520_102615.thumb.jpg.a78406c8286d600b340e5b51bf501539.jpg

Insidecabin I see from the photo they have Angry Orchard.  Does O'Sheehans not carry Magners?  

Our 8pm, our second Le bistro dine started badly as it was cold. The air con was above our table and we asked if anything could be done but we’re told it couldn’t. So Mr CT kindly went and got us jackets from our room.

While we were there it started at 50% full and by the end only about 10% and service was slow.

After 15 minutes with no drinks service, nor anyone asking for our orders, I got someone’s attention. Immediately, assistant Maitre’D Nelson, took our drinks orders dnd served us. 

Just before our mains, we were sat with empty glasses and I indicated we needed drinks service and again he met our request.

All the food was delicious but service fell down  when I was asked on leaving the restaurant 

“What do you want done with ‘this cake’?!?!”

I resisted saying “I want it served with the meal we just finished!”🤪

This was a result of handing the maitre ‘d the little card left in my room that asked me to ‘et us know you are celebrating your birthday!’

I replied, “Please bring to room, we’re meeting friends now!”

It was delivered by the time we got ‘home’.

It made for a delicious breakfast in bed!IMG_9721.thumb.jpeg.c3d75c635588b97c5d2567a61701df1f.jpegIMG_9722.thumb.jpeg.dfa0f912fbfe2a87946d41f1f16d2325.jpegIMG_9724.thumb.jpeg.280d6e3cf863fa292097e70b7fd005b1.jpeg

IMG_9725.jpeg

• Like 4

We went back to pack some bags ready for today’s departure. Then went to a Gatsby’s for a drink before dinner.IMG_9758.thumb.jpeg.f81e713012f622a083ba8a4be4b6edd6.jpeg

The band were great.

Then it was on to a Cagney’s for  a final dinner.

food was delicious, apart from something was up with the crème brûlée. The crème was an idd texture and tasted wrong so two of us left it. Had ice cream instead. 
The service was good. 

IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9760.jpeg

IMG_9766.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9768.jpeg

IMG_9769.jpeg

IMG_9770.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, happy_travellers said:

Just wondering if either of the main dining rooms has entertainment at dinner? We enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the Tropicana Dining Room on the Getaway. Thanks and safe travels.

There is a piano in The main dining room but we didn’t hear it played when we dined there. 
There was music in O’Sheehan’s though. 

This morning announcements started at 6.45 (I think!) 

We finished our last packing and are now on Garden Cafe for last light breakfast. 
It’s a clear and sunny day here in Southampton and I just had the pleasure of meeting Susan and her husband, who sadly missed our Galway trip. 

IMG_9809.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

We burned our last dinner voucher at sushi.

Which was nice as the show band were doing their thing in Gatsby's below very good one to look out for.

We then headed to bliss for the party band best of the cruise and the kareoke  finals, the winner is a professional singer.....

Final pack bags out bed before midnight.

Our morning plans are on schedule

Left cabin 8am buffet hardly anyone there they had started shutting sections, grabbed something light and a tea.

Now 8:40 a few min ago they called congestion leaving the ship we will just wait and another tea(last one)

Car is in West quay(£5day) 15min walk will collect car run round to the terminal to pick up bags and OH then head home Google says 2hrs which is probably good as it's Sunday.

Apart from the drinks fiasco we have had a good cruise will be adding all the others doing this itinerary to a watch list for a deal and try to plan ports, this one we dropped the planning stage as we might have cancelled due to other issues but they went away close to sailing.

Got off ship with ease, having dropped off my ‘Vacation Hero’ cards at Customer Service desk. I always like to highlight great service from team members, and hope it’s rewarded and recognised accordingly. 
We got taxi easily outside the exit and taxi drive helped us with our luggage too. 
Grabbed a takeaway coffee from the cafe at the station for MrCT and got my refillable mug of hot water. I always carry a Lady Grey T bag with me! 
we’re now on the train and I was happy we have a five coach one so we are not too congested onboard! Sometimes it’s a three coach train and as there was a strike yesterday, perhaps GWR had the foresight to know there would be a huge demand today as a result. 
IMG_9816.thumb.jpeg.1801dbe191efea8f158f8305cd20b845.jpeg
There’s a luggage rack so we have used that and are sitting close by. 

IMG_9813.jpeg

• Like 2

4fda11c0-3b4f-49e5-8478-490478d80422.thumb.jpeg.be57d6bcd8a0a9bc48b8d9ccc0cd279b.jpegLook away if you dont like cats! 😅

I had a lovely message from morning cat carer today!

Had a cute photo from the evening carer too! 
We are blessed with fabulous cat living neighbours and close by family too. IMG_9818.thumb.jpeg.41ac2e642374efc21d8ced29401967ef.jpeg

• Like 2