Cabana rental in Mediterranean end of October

lurkernj

We will be on the Apex 10/26-11/5 doing a Mediterranean cruise.  We will be traveling with another couple who are thinking we should rent a cabana on one of our at sea days so that we have our own space to hang out.  I'm on the fence about this.  We all have a drink package, so the beer and vodka aren't a value to us.  It might just be a place to sit together.  Do you think we need to reserve this prior to boarding or is there usually availability?  I'm thinking they probably aren't as popular as during a Caribbean cruise since it's not as warm.  If we book in advance, what is the cancellation policy once we are on board and perhaps decide it's too windy or unnecessary?  The language when booking says "cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts".  This is the same language for the specialty restaurants and I've cancelled and rebooked those already with no penalties(though obviously not onboard).  Has anyone here cancelled a cabana once on board?

It used to be 48 hours cancellation but it could have changed. We got a lovely bottle of Veuve one time which we enjoyed and another we got vodka which we didn’t open and took home! I tend to reserve in advance on the cruise planner and then keep an eye on the price. 
Wendy

If your friends are really set on booking one, I would go ahead and do it, with a clear understanding of the cancellation period.  When I got to my pre-cruise hotel in Piraeus, I would check the 5 day weather forecast on whatever weather app you have on your phone.  If it looks to be too chilly, cancel then, or as soon as you board.  Your sea day is between Santorini and Valletta, and Santorini would be too late to cancel if the limit is 48 hours.  EM