Evening in Lisbon

We are taking a Celebrity cruise that starts in Lisbon. We are getting in the day before, and have a Tuk Tuk tour planned for that day, and plan on going to sleep early so we can hit the ground running the next day, which is embarkation day.  We are taking a half day tour on embarkation day to Fatima, then are being taken to the port for a 1:30 check in.  But here's the thing-our ship does not depart that day! We have an overnight in Lisbon, then another day in Lisbon (Day 2 of the cruise) and we depart about 6 pm Day 2.  So, here's my question.  After we go to the ship and check in at 1:30, take some time to eat lunch and maybe get acquainted with the ship, we have the whole rest of the afternoon and evening to deal with.  Rather than staying on board, we probably will go back into Lisbon.  I don't want to arrange anything formal, so does anyone have any ideas about what to do, where to go, where to eat dinner? (We'd prefer to eat dinner in Lisbon).  Remember the day before, we will have done a 4 hour Tuk Tuk tour so we will have at least seen many of the sights. 

2 hours ago, marazul said:

Go to a fado performance. These two are very good:

Tasca do Chico in Alfama

Bela Petiscos e Vinhos 

Agreed, but also include Tasquinha Canto do Fado in Mouraria. It’s in my neighborhood and I take all my guests there. Good food and Fado , which starts early enough (8pm) to not keep you out till midnight.

4 minutes ago, patrice1 said:

Agreed, but also include Tasquinha Canto do Fado in Mouraria. It’s in my neighborhood and I take all my guests there. Good food and Fado , which starts early enough (8pm) to not keep you out till midnight.

I will try it next time. Always looking for a good fado performance. 🙂

1 hour ago, patrice1 said:

Oh that sounds good! The places I found on Trip Advisor all seem to start the music really late (for us).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, patrice1 said:

Good to hear from a local.

I would like to ask the question just the other way around: Where can I (solo) go later in the evening, like after 10.30 pm, and stay far beyond midnight?

5 hours ago, carlmm said:

I would like to ask the question just the other way around: Where can I (solo) go later in the evening, like after 10.30 pm, and stay far beyond midnight?

The two places I mentioned above. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, carlmm said:

If you want something other than Fado, head to Barrio Alto.