WiFi Upgrade

My upcoming 12 night cruise will be the first time I only have basic wifi and drink packages. Previously I always had the "indulge" premium package Elite and I have the pricing for a pre-cruise upgrade for both. The drink package is fairly easy to decide since I know we normally drink 3 martini's in the Martini bar a day that cost more than the upgrade cost. 

The WiFi is more difficult to decide since I don't know if the basic package will be good enough for my usage of uploading to Facebook and checking emails and web browsing. I don't stream movies although I might watch some YouTube. My question is: Does anyone know how much they charge to upgrade the WiFi while on board? Is it pro-rated for how many days are left on the cruise?  The cost pre-cruise is $96 each. I also could just upgrade mine and not my wifes since she doesn't upload to Facebook. 

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Does anyone know how much they charge to upgrade the WiFi while on board?

Depends on CC status but it's no more than $15/night without status

14 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Is it pro-rated for how many days are left on the cruise?

Yes; FYI, it's per night and not per day

16 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

could just upgrade mine and not my wifes

Yes

I was able to combine the pre-cruise discount listed in My Reservation and my Elite status discount.  Cost was about $63 for a 7 day.  I had to call Celebrity to get that discount.  You can also upgrade onboard and it will be prorated but not at the pre-cruise rate.  

Even with the Premium plan, you may not be able to get to certain sites due to  location in the world.  I really struggled with CC and FaceTime with the upgraded plan at times.

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

Even with the Premium plan, you may not be able to get to certain sites due to  location in the world.  I really struggled with CC and FaceTime with the upgraded plan at times.

I have had very few issues, none of which were not fixed by logging out and logging back into the ship’s WiFi, with CC, YouTube, NetFlix on our cruise.   Here’s the speeds I have been getting daily … 

IMG_9253.thumb.png.1e55bd1a0f7b193fc24da686ca33cb62.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I have had very few issues, none of which were not fixed by logging out and logging back into the ship’s WiFi, with CC, YouTube, NetFlix on our cruise.   Here’s the speeds I have been getting daily … 

IMG_9253.thumb.png.1e55bd1a0f7b193fc24da686ca33cb62.png

It seems to be ship specific to how much they'll throttle.  On the Solstice and Millie, with premium, down rarely exceeds 2mbps unless it's very late at night or early in the morning

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It seems to be ship specific to how much they'll throttle.  On the Solstice and Millie, with premium, down rarely exceeds 2mbps unless it's very late at night or early in the morning

I think my results on Millie are showing the opposite .. Those download speeds, except for one on 4/22 are all above 4.0Mbps and my upload speeds are all above 2.0 Mbps except again the one on 4/22.