Carnival Spirit 2024-25 booking from Mobile open!

6 hours ago, tidecat said:

It looks like nothing for February 2025 - I would suspect this will be when Spirit goes to drydock, as her last was in August 2021.

Having trouble getting a coherent picture of the plan for Spirit and Mobile but picking up bits here and there. Carnival never listens to my brilliant ideas but man I wish they’d sunshine that class so I hope you’re right and I hope it’s a long one. The ships have some fabulous unique benefits - those walkways around the front of deck 3 or whatever are so neat. I loved the lower level punchliner lounge. And the ratio of balcony cabins is a massive win and should up the profitability ante dramatically over Fantasy class while serving ports with size limits. 

But the ships are in rough shape and need freshening both with cosmetics and functionality. I’m not a very picky cruiser and found myself unpleasantly surprised by a few things on Legend, while still as always having a lovely journey. 

Having tried Radiance last year I have to admit I, like much of the traveling public, prefer the modern newish looking ship to the dark look of the older ones.

The banged up bathroom and balcony doors on older ships actually irk me. They are visibly deteriorating and give an off putting impression of decay. They were all replaced and brand new on Radiance and the overall look and feel throughout the entire ship was bright and light. 

Digressing there, blah blah blah, can’t think about my one spirit class cruise without going down this path. 

On 5/4/2023 at 3:13 AM, KmomChicago said:

Having trouble getting a coherent picture of the plan for Spirit and Mobile but picking up bits here and there. Carnival never listens to my brilliant ideas but man I wish they’d sunshine that class so I hope you’re right and I hope it’s a long one. The ships have some fabulous unique benefits - those walkways around the front of deck 3 or whatever are so neat. I loved the lower level punchliner lounge. And the ratio of balcony cabins is a massive win and should up the profitability ante dramatically over Fantasy class while serving ports with size limits. 

But the ships are in rough shape and need freshening both with cosmetics and functionality. I’m not a very picky cruiser and found myself unpleasantly surprised by a few things on Legend, while still as always having a lovely journey. 

Having tried Radiance last year I have to admit I, like much of the traveling public, prefer the modern newish looking ship to the dark look of the older ones.

The banged up bathroom and balcony doors on older ships actually irk me. They are visibly deteriorating and give an off putting impression of decay. They were all replaced and brand new on Radiance and the overall look and feel throughout the entire ship was bright and light. 

Digressing there, blah blah blah, can’t think about my one spirit class cruise without going down this path. 

Fixing up the rooms would be great but what they did to the Radiance is awful with the missing showroom deck and rear lounge. It is the most crowded I have ever felt on a ship, bouncing off people everywhere like a pinball. Luckily the Spirit class doesn't have areas that can be converted so easily! They are getting rid of part of the nightclub for 5 rooms on the Pride though.

• Like 1

Closest port to me and I want to try it! I was booked on a Mobile cruise on the Sensation in Fall 2021 that was cancelled. Checked a few dates and regular balcony cabins were few and far between…I mostly saw obstructed balconies available.

Glad to see Spirit instead of a Fantasy Class though for Mobile; hope she does well so Carnival continues to home port ships there!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Closest port to me and I want to try it! I was booked on a Mobile cruise on the Sensation in Fall 2021 that was cancelled. Checked a few dates and regular balcony cabins were few and far between…I mostly saw obstructed balconies available.

Glad to see Spirit instead of a Fantasy Class though for Mobile; hope she does well so Carnival continues to home port ships there!

The unfortunate part is you only get a ship in Mobile from Nov-April. Spirit is still being sent to Alaska for the summer seasons.

Just now, toad455 said:

The unfortunate part is you only get a ship in Mobile from Nov-April. Spirit is still being sent to Alaska for the summer seasons.

I know…perhaps it will do so well it will get a year round ship soon?  I can dream.

2 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

I know…perhaps it will do so well it will get a year round ship soon?  I can dream.

If Mobile goes back to year-round service, someone else has to take a cut. Carnival Corporation isn't taking delivery new ships beyond what was already on order until at least 2027, if not 2028.

The best shot at year-round service prior to 2028 would be for Luminosa to move to spend winters in Miami instead of Brisbane, and then for Conquest or Sunrise to take Luminosa's place Down Under. The other alternative would be to consolidate the Tuesday and Thursday departures out of Seattle onto a single, larger ship like Firenze, which would free up Luminosa and Spirit for year-round service in Brisbane and Mobile. Carnival Corporation could fill the berth in Seattle with a Princess or Holland America ship if it so chose.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 6:13 AM, KmomChicago said:

Having trouble getting a coherent picture of the plan for Spirit and Mobile but picking up bits here and there. Carnival never listens to my brilliant ideas but man I wish they’d sunshine that class so I hope you’re right and I hope it’s a long one. 

I suspect Spirit will wind up having the work done in Spain like Pride is having done now. Pride is getting five additional cabins where the first floor of the nightclub is now, I would not be surprised if that is Spirit's fate as well.