Collectible Gift?

mhlcanada

They give a decorative 'tile' that is 4x4 inches, and usually has a picture of a HAL ship. They aren't good to use as a coaster; they are not absorbent, at all. I have never found a good use for them, although my husband has been saving them in a box for 25 years, for what purpose, I have no idea. I supposed the little blue tote bag is a 'gift'. Club Orange guests get a nicer version of the tote bag. (He collects those also. Why? I don't know.)

21 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

.. . I have never found a good use for them, although my husband has been saving them in a box for 25 years, for what purpose, I have no idea. I supposed the little blue tote bag is a 'gift'. Club Orange guests get a nicer version of the tote bag. (He collects those also. Why? I don't know.)

I hate to ruin the surprise, but it's a serving tray. And, after a few more cruises, a coffee table is in the works.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

They give a decorative 'tile' that is 4x4 inches, and usually has a picture of a HAL ship. They aren't good to use as a coaster; they are not absorbent, at all. I have never found a good use for them, although my husband has been saving them in a box for 25 years, for what purpose, I have no idea. I supposed the little blue tote bag is a 'gift'. Club Orange guests get a nicer version of the tote bag. (He collects those also. Why? I don't know.)

I agree.  I’ve got too much junk already so I leave them.  I debated about taking the club orange bag home with me because they are nice but I have 3 already so I left it.

4 hours ago, mhlcanada said:

Is HAL still giving out a collectible gift to Mariners, as mentioned in their Loyalty Rewards?

We got our tiles in November 2022 on the Nieuw Statendam and in March 2023 on the Oosterdam.

We have quite a collection and we have thoughts about using them as tiles when we redo the bathroom!

It's a very nice gift. 

DH made a side table with some of ours, but of course, they’re building up again. We did not get them on our November cruise on the Kdam…. Too many people to distribute? If we really want more, we’ve found them in thrift stores.

3 hours ago, Susanmaz said:

DH made a side table with some of ours, but of course, they’re building up again. We did not get them on our November cruise on the Kdam…. Too many people to distribute? If we really want more, we’ve found them in thrift stores.

No, I think it was the mysterious "supply chain" issue at that time.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, POA1 said:

I hate to ruin the surprise, but it's a serving tray. And, after a few more cruises, a coffee table is in the works.

s-l1600.jpg

We find them great as coasters, and use them all the time. The cork backing means no scratches on the table, and they are stable, no wobbles. However, now that I’ve seen this tray, I may have to dig out all the other tiles we have, a be a copy cat.  I like your tray!

• Like 3

Our tiles top our nightstands, and go perfectly with our blue and white country bedroom decor.

They are precious little reminders for us - first thing we see in the morning, and the last thing at night.  Good times 🎊  (No, they are not a HAL alter!  But they could be! )