princess status match to other cruise lines?

dad son team

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They can match with in the Carnival family. Hal and Princess are similar experiences. It's better than a Princess passenger jumping to Celebrity who is not part of the group.

There is no matching whatsoever within the Carnival family.  I've been Platinum on Carnival for over a decade and it meant nothing when I took my first Princess cruise in 2022. I started at the bottom, but in 2026 should hit Elite.

Just now, Retired-N-Happy said:

There is no matching whatsoever within the Carnival family.  I've been Platinum on Carnival for over a decade and it meant nothing when I took my first Princess cruise in 2022. I started at the bottom, but in 2026 should hit Elite.

Yes I am well aware but it seems like other other lines are offering it.  Princess has the least desirable loyalty program. People coming from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity would be very disappointed. They like their happy hour benefit which Princess doesn't offer.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Yes I am well aware but it seems like other other lines are offering it.  Princess has the least desirable loyalty program. People coming from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity would be very disappointed. They like their happy hour benefit which Princess doesn't offer.

The only mainstream lines currently offering status match are MSC and Virgin.

Also, there is no longer a happy hour benefit on RCI.  You get four drinks at Diamond, five drinks at Diamond Plus and six at Pinnacle on a daily basis good at any bar.

I've cruised on Carnival, Princess, RCI, Celebrity, NCL, and MSC.  The loyalty program on RCI is nice once you hit Diamond because of the four drinks and NCL's program is nice once you hit Platinum because of the specialty dinners added. 

I would rank Celebrity's, MSC's and Carnival's loyalty programs all below Princess's.

On 9/25/2024 at 2:20 PM, diluvsdisney said:

MSC took my Disney status match and applied it. I’m actually on a higher level with them now because of it. So it does make sense for some companies. They obviously recognize that people are more likely to sell with them if they did so. I got all kinds of fun perks. Virgin cruise lines. Also did it, again got all kinds of free perks of a higher level, even though I have never failed with them because they matched my royal Caribbean loyalty program.

Seems strange logic lol. If people are more likely to sail with them if they add in perks - why don't they offer the perks to everybody? Thereby enticing even more people!! Then suddenly the perks are just standard.. so what do you offer people for "loyalty" to get them to stick to just one brand?? 🙂 

Being a retired business owner I know the cost of new customers. From then on its all about customer experiences with you so you keep their loyalty. Trust me it expedentualy more expensive to create new customer rather than retain your current ones. Since Carnival is 1 corporation it makes zero sense not to allow current loyalty to commingle with other lines under the Carnival umbrella. It's actually a pretty pathetic business move. I for one after 18 Princess cruises which we love by the way, we are getting itchy to try a different offering! Hey Carnival wouldn't you want me to spend those important dollars in your company? Matching loyalty would pretty much guarantee it would be a sister line to Princess. It's a shame because it would be such an easy move.

• Like 1

New customers may cost more, but with cruising, they also spend more. Repeat customers don't grow a business or pay for new ships. That takes new customers. 

Everyone should try other cruise lines. They all have problems.

52 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

New customers may cost more, but with cruising, they also spend more. Repeat customers don't grow a business or pay for new ships. That takes new customers. 

Everyone should try other cruise lines. They all have problems.

Not quite sure I agree with your logic. Existing customers still purchase drink packages, take tours, use spa, sanctuary, buy art, spend in shops, most everything a new customer would except maybe portraits.

5 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Not quite sure I agree with your logic. Existing customers still purchase drink packages, take tours, use spa, sanctuary, buy art, spend in shops, most everything a new customer would except maybe portraits.

I would disagree with some of that, but no company has 100% retention except perhaps a monopoly. Without new customers, the business dies.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I would disagree with some of that, but no company has 100% retention except perhaps a monopoly. Without new customers, the business dies.

Not infuring that new customers are not important, just doing everything possible to keep Elite passengers from going astray! Why not incentives them to try other brands under umbrella!

On 5/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, Ranchi said:

Just a thought, David. Did you apply using your current address and did you cruise previously using an earlier address? 

I had a similar situation with my daughter suddenly being put on the blue (not cruised with Princess before) level.  The problem being that she got married and the name changed and her address. We phoned Carnival House and soon got this rectified. Her husband is genuinely blue and she is Elite due to sailing with Princess prior to getting married.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

3 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Not infuring that new customers are not important, just doing everything possible to keep Elite passengers from going astray! Why not incentives them to try other brands under umbrella!

Because Carnival brands prefer customers who like the brands, not customers who cruise for perks.

Nobody is irreplaceable and eliminating some from the top frees up resources for the replacements