New Feature Added to CruisePlum! Custom Price Alerts for Celebrity Cruises

I just noticed this new feature today on cruiseplum.com (an independent cruise search web tool).  It was added early April.  I've been anticipating them adding this feature to their site for a while now and now it's here!

You can now get email notifications for price drops on cruises of your choice based on a target price that you decide.  You can have up to 5 cruises with alerts set at any point in time.  I suppose you could increase that limit by creating another account with a separate email.

How it works is you find your cruise and then click the blue Track button in the top right of the page.  You need to create an account with them first.  Don't worry, they don't send any sort of marketing emails as they are not a travel agency.  You then select the cabin category (or categories) you'd like to set price alerts for.  You click the Yes option for the "Email price alerts" question and select the conditions when you'd like to be alerted.  For example, you can set up an alert rule to send an email notification when any cabin's base fare in the Suite category falls below $3000 (your "target" price) per person.  Selecting multiple cabin types in this menu allows you to set up alerts for more than one cabin type.

If the price drops and you secure a better rate, you can then adjust your target price down.

Here's an example of what setting up a price alert looks like:

image.thumb.png.3334a12720f4cb07d8a2aa91a6415483.png

You can also use this same tool to be notified when a designated cabin class becomes available after being sold out.

One thing to note is that the alerts are currently only available for cabin classes i.e. Balcony, Aqua, Suite, etc., and they don't have the functionality set up yet to send price alerts for specific category codes i.e. C2, A1, etc.  However the functionality is still useful because typically when one cabin category in the same cabin class drops, the others follow suit.  The price tracked for the class of cabin is the lowest priced cabin in that class, which may be a guarantee cabin.  Once they introduce price alerts for specific category codes, this tool will really be the cream of the crop.

Another thing to note is that the prices shown and tracked are the base rate, meaning cruise-only rates for Concierge and below and AI for Aqua and suites.  Keep that in mind when setting price alert targets.  Again, typically when the price of the base rate of a cabin drops, the price for AI will also drop.

They put together a help doc on their page where you can find more details: https://www.cruiseplum.com/docs/reference-watchlist-alerts

The people behind this site are not travel agents or affiliated with any of the cruise lines.  It's just a small group of tech savvy cruisers that wanted to create a useful site for cruisers.  They get an A+ in my book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7