Cabin Switch/ Cheers

coondog99

Question. Two cabins are booked as follows: 1) One adult with a minor/ 2) One adult with minors. This is often done to get VIFP deals.
The adult in cabin 1 buys Cheers. The adult in Cabin 2 does not.

On embarkation day at Guest Services, the adult in Cabin 2 switches with the minor in Cabin 1. Will that adult now be auto billed for the Cheers pakage? 

I agree, depending on the age of the minors they may not be allowed to occupy the room themselves.  

As far as the other two issues, the rate and cheers, I wouldn't chance if it was me.  Just go down and get a couple extra cards to use as room keys.

PS: I am usually a huge cheerleader for not doing the extra keys and just swapping rooms and getting new sail and sign cards, but in the case, I wouldn't want to rock the boat.

Oh, just made a pun and didn't mean too.  😁

PS: It kind of makes sense for another reason.  You will have a key to access their room at any time.  If you swapped and rekeyed you couldn't do that, your (the adults) keys wouldn't work in the kids door.

And I assume they are old enough to know to knock on the adults door before they would dare to just use a key and walk in.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

Go with the just asking for an extra key for each room...

Without officially switching rooms.

Assuming the kids will not be paying their S&S bill themselves...LOL!

Wish ours did sometimes...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wemjam said:

And I assume they are old enough to know to knock on the adults door before they would dare to just use a key and walk in.

And I  assume that if mom and dad are getting out the handcuffs and whips they would turn the lower door lock on 🤣 if they had a shared room key.

• Haha 3

We just did this last month. My daughter and husband just carried an extra key card. Separate from the S And S card. It just opened the doors. Actually was nice because my husband’s regular S and S card opened her room I so we could check up on her. 17 year olds need to be monitored! 

15 hours ago, Thenagers said:

We just did this last month. My daughter and husband just carried an extra key card. Separate from the S And S card. It just opened the doors. Actually was nice because my husband’s regular S and S card opened her room I so we could check up on her. 17 year olds need to be monitored! 

In less than a year she will be 18, then what???