Cancel policy

arpie05

My apologies but I couldn’t search with my IPad.  What happens when one person is sick and unable to cruise but the other person wants to? Background is my aunt has been ill recently and she is worried her physician may say she can’t go. I still would go but wondered how that works.  

You should get a refund for her taxes/port fees, any drink or meal packages, prepaid DSC, prepaid excursions.  You will not get a refund for the cruise fare or airfare.

I'm not sure if you have to let them know prior to check-in or if you can just tell them she's a no-show when you arrive.

If she has travel insurance she might be able to get a refund for her fare.

48 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your aunt cancels and files an insurance claim. It is critical that she understand exactly what documentation she needs. It is more than a simple note from a doctor. The doctor needs to complete paperwork. 

Thank you. With Carnival it was just dr note. And we canceled whole trip. I will look into !

In the process of trying to figure this out I saw that NCL policy has:

SINGLE OCCUPANCY COVERAGE The Company will reimburse You for the additional cost incurred during the Trip as a result of a change in the per person occupancy rate for pre-paid Travel Arrangements if a person booked to share accommodations with You has his/her Trip delayed, canceled, or interrupted for a covered reason and You do not cancel. This benefit is subject to the same Maximum Benefit indicated above