Carnival Pride

beshears

3 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

I think most of them are fake posts that are threads from CC.  If you have ever noticed, it follows a pattern of something discussed and taken the extreme to rile up his audience. 

it makes me wonder if some of the posters here are moles

• Haha 1

I've sailed on her 20 times, so I guess I like her just fine, LOL!  Seriously though, we had a house on the Chesapeake before we retired so we often hopped on whenever we had free time.  We are getting ready to do a B2B on the Pride in September from Dover and then Rome.  I've sailed all of the other Spirit Class ships, and I do think that they are my favorite, although admittedly, they are showing their age.  I find them to be the perfect size, a nice setup for walking in the morning, and I don't miss the dining options that are offered on the other classes at all.  The one thing that is a bit troubling for me is that the trivia and what not takes place near the java blue cafe, and it's entirely too small....especially because we will be sailing on the Legend soon and we have 7 sea days on our Greenland/Canadian itinerary out of Baltimore (visiting the kiddos).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I wonder if some posters go out of their way to post false rumors.

I think they're one in the same, the false rumors are posted by moles so in a few days JH can post a fake question for content.

40 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think they're one in the same, the false rumors are posted by moles so in a few days JH can post a fake question for content.

Moles apparently have imagination inflation.

We really enjoyed the serenity deck which is on the back of the ship! The ship never felt crowded and we always found places to sit. A lot of new staff start out on this ship as a training venue. We met some really neat people! Would love to cruise on the Pride again!  If you have younger people/kids cruising with you, this may not be the best ship option as there isn’t as many activities available as the larger ships. 

• Like 1

Well, this is all interesting to read for a newcomer like me. I was skeptical about cruising with Carnival because of past reports.  Now, I am eagerly looking forward to this cruise on the Pride thanks to people like you who post realistic (I hope) comments about your experiences. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

John doesn't make them up. I've looked and found them in the community pages. Now if those posters make them up.... I think so

John or his team make up a majority of them. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing since it clearly works very well for him and provides a lot of engagement, clicks and shares. Over time you will notice some very similar writing patterns and habits that are too much of a coincidence to be from the masses. Certain phrases and name placement are also in patterns. 

The general public can be insane. I supervised guest services onboard for many years and have heard pretty much everything but even the craziest don't even come close to some of the stuff that John's team comes up with for entertainment purposes. Nobody is in the middle of eating their formal night dinner and sees someone in their military formal clothes and immediately stops eating, whips out their phone, and sends a long DM to John Head about how they are so offended.  Notice that a lot of them are on pretty controversial topics where the replies will almost always go in one direction. Example using some of the repetitive wording and phrases..."John how dare you. A 20-year-old US military member is saying he thinks he should be able to drink a beer because he serves our country and is on vacation. I am offended John and you better do something about that mentality. I will never cruise with Carnival again!!! What are you going to do about it John??" 

This isn't something that just John does, or just Carnival but most companies do things like this with social media to create engagement. Heck, even "news" hosts do it. Stand-up comedians make up false stories all the time as part of their sketches. 

Some are certainly real but most are created for "entertainment purposes only."

• Like 3

I tried to post a funny mole meme, but it didn't work.  Then I tried to find a mole emoticon but the best I could do was a porcupine. 🦔

Edited by Eli_6
  • Haha 2