Mock bookings

belchro22

I haven't found this mentioned here but I notice this past week that when I do mock booking to compare cruises on NCL website it no longer includes the full price before checkout. A subtotal is given excluding taxes, fees, and port expenses. States they will be added at checkout. You must then add all passenger information.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, belchro22 said:

I haven't found this mentioned here but I notice this past week that when I do mock booking to compare cruises on NCL website it no longer includes the full price before checkout. A subtotal is given excluding taxes, fees, and port expenses. States they will be added at checkout. You must then add all passenger information.  

Yep. Discovered this approximately 2 weeks ago. I saw an opportunity to upgrade after final payment and contacted my PCC to make it happen. We BOTH learned that day about the new way ncl was displaying their pricing and my potential upgrade was no longer a good deal. Very sneaky if you ask me. 

• Like 2

You can actually put fake information in your mock booking. Add fake name, email, DOB, etc.. and then hit "continue" and it'll give you the total final amount.  If you don't want to connect the mock booking to your name/account just open a browser window in "incognito window" and do the fake/mock booking.

I just tried this and got the final price.

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Like 3

Interesting - I just did one for a cruise I'm considering and I see a total due including taxes and fees without entering passenger information - 

image.thumb.png.71a05609519bc72b99ac9e249930f433.png

Edited by hallux
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, hallux said:

Interesting - I just did one for a cruise I'm considering and I see a total due including taxes and fees without entering passenger information - 

image.thumb.png.71a05609519bc72b99ac9e249930f433.png

That is interesting. It hasn't done it that way for me in about two weeks. 

3 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

You can actually put fake information in your mock booking. Add fake name, email, DOB, etc.. and then hit "continue" and it'll give you the total final amount.  If you don't want to connect the mock booking to your name/account just open a browser window in "incognito window" and do the fake/mock booking.

I understand that you can probably do that but I'm trying to compare numerous cruises before making a final choice. Very inconvenient to have to go through that process for each one. I believe this is a bad decision by NCL. Makes a mockery out of mock bookings.😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, belchro22 said:

I understand that you can probably do that but I'm trying to compare numerous cruises before making a final choice. Very inconvenient to have to go through that process for each one. I believe this is a bad decision by NCL. Makes a mockery out of mock bookings.😃

Sadly, they removed the compare option several years ago.  You used to be able to do a rudimentary side by side comparison of 3 cruises.

3 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Still ok for me, but I'm doing it from the Europe site, perhaps that is different...

They won’t be allowed to exclude mandatory fees on the EU site thanks to the rules brought in to stop the airlines pitching €4.99 air fares which then had €50 in fees on top. 

Not sure if this helps, buy I delete all cookies and browsing history and go in clean. I have seen differences, but they didn't apply to me.

On my android phone, it appears to show total including all fees and taxes.

On my computer, it is showing the price without taxes and fees, even if you click on the breakdown link.

As I said previously, this was even a surprise to my PCC, who's been with the company for 10 years.

• Like 1

I am based in Europe, but always book my cruises in USD through my PCC at NCL who is based in the US. As most of you probably know, ncl.com always redirect you to your "local" NCL webpage depending on where you are geopraphically located. In order to access NCL prices in USD, I therefore instead do mock bookings on one of the larger American online cruise travel agencies (not mentioning any name as that is not allowed, but if you think about the word cruise then the website I am thinking about is pretty easy to find). And on that website it shows the total including all extras and all taxes (when searching for the cruise and picking ship and date, the result shows prices without taxes and extras. But as soon as I choose a specific cabin category, then it shows the total price including a price breakdown.)

image.jpeg.846ff88254a5d142b3698d5ae14b6ce4.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not showing taxes and fees for me either without entering passenger information. Also, when I scroll the list of cruises the screen constantly fades to "chat with an agent". Both have been extremely annoying and I stop searching rather quickly.