temperature of cabins

Amity

I am curious if you can actually control the temp of the cabins or is they keep them at a uniform temp.

I have heard that you should bring a fan onboard because they get stuffy.

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can control the temperature of the cabin to whatever temperature you like. I wouldn't bring a fan, even if the cabin were stuffy (I never had that problem) the fan would move stuffy air from one corner to another. ;)

We did have an AC issue the first and second day when we were on Rotterdam in 2004. While waiting for the engineering dept. to fix it, out cabin steward brought a fan into the room for us. It did help. We were on the main deck with an outside room. As everyone knows, the ship's hull is painted a dark blue. That dark blue absorbed enough solar energy to bring the room temp up to a charming 85 degrees :) That fan was a blessing and earned that cabin steward a bit extra (beyond our planned tip) at the end of the cruise. My point is, if you would like a fan or anything else, just ask your steward. It wouldn't surprise me if what you ask for appears.

Temperature in the cabins is SUPPOSED to be controlled by the occupant, but on any ship there will likely be a problem somewhere. Sometimes it can be fixed right away, sometimes not, so there are no guarantees that your cabin will always be "just right". Unless you read here about a paticular group of cabins that always seem to have a problem, I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are you'll be quite comfy.

We have been to control the temperature any cabin we have been in with no difficulty. We have been in inside cabins, main deck, Zaandam and Veendam.

Hope we say the same with the Statendam in the fall.

Archived