Need to book June 2023 Alaska cruise from Vancouver or Seattle. Advise needed

gaudi89

After 4 years of no longer trips we have finally gotten a house/pet sitter so we can go on another cruise. She can housesit only in June or July. We want to go for 3-4 weeks and Alaska seems the easiest to plan short notice from where we are.

We live on an island that is only ferry served so always have to plan extra time to get anywhere. Both Vancouver and Seattle are about as far away as the other to us although getting to Seattle without driving is far easier. We would ideally like to have a 7 or 10 day cruise that goes to to Alaska and then fly back however my wifehas hit some impasses. We would rather come and go from Seattle as we could do it without a car and having to park it long term in a city but the only cruises she can find in June fromseattle are just 7 day ones that return to Seattle and don't give you time in Alaska. And also we see if we fly back from Anchorage that the flight cost in Alaska air miles is less and there are direct flights to Seattle but there are no direct flights to Vancouver which is another drawback to Vancouver departing cruises. She's even thought of taking two cruises, one from Vancouver to Alaska and then coming back on another ship from Alaska to vancouver after hopefully staying up in alaska for some time first. Has anyone done that?  Any advise is appreciated to plan this.

Edited by gaudi89
left off first part and duplicated text

2 hours ago, gaudi89 said:

After 4 years of no longer trips we have finally gotten a house/pet sitter so we can go on another cruise. She can housesit only in June or July. We want to go for 3-4 weeks and Alaska seems the easiest to plan short notice from where we are.

We live on an island that is only ferry served so always have to plan extra time to get anywhere. Both Vancouver and Seattle are about as far away as the other to us although getting to Seattle without driving is far easier. We would ideally like to have a 7 or 10 day cruise that goes to to Alaska and then fly back however my wifehas hit some impasses. We would rather come and go from Seattle as we could do it without a car and having to park it long term in a city but the only cruises she can find in June fromseattle are just 7 day ones that return to Seattle and don't give you time in Alaska. And also we see if we fly back from Anchorage that the flight cost in Alaska air miles is less and there are direct flights to Seattle but there are no direct flights to Vancouver which is another drawback to Vancouver departing cruises. She's even thought of taking two cruises, one from Vancouver to Alaska and then coming back on another ship from Alaska to vancouver after hopefully staying up in alaska for some time first. Has anyone done that?  Any advise is appreciated to plan this.

Maybe look into an Alaska cruise tour.  NCL has BOGO airfare deal for their cruises.  They will fly you back/forth .  I assume the deal works for the cruise tour ( part land tour, part cruise).  They will fly you back to Seattle from Anchorage ( or Vancouver).  Check out the website.  I m not affiliated with NCL, never done a cruise/land tour.  But i found the airfare deal a pretty good bargain..  I took a Greyhound bus from Vancouver BC back to Seattle after my cruise ended in Vancouver. ( pre-covid, $40.00 took 3 hours)

Windstar  has a 23 day r/t  from Vancouver

You can  fly nonstop from SEA to YVR  on Alaska  air  but maybe not available with points

they do have non stop flights  to YVR

On 5/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, gaudi89 said:

We did a nine day cruise/land package, ending in Fairbanks, on Holland America. Sailed from Vancouver, flew from Fairbanks to Seattle. I realize this doesn't exactly fit into what you're looking for, but just thought I'd mention it.