HIA vs Early booking HIA help?

Shmoo here

37 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

That's what we did.  Our TA called back to HAL about a minute and a half after she hung up the call making the reservation and specifically asked about the Mariners OBC and they came back that our cruise didn't qualify.  I don't know when the 90 days started for our cruise so I can't refute the answer.

That was probably the case then. I think the HIA Early Booking runs much longer than 90 days after release, so it sounds like you missed that first 90 days.

15 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

That's what we did.  Our TA called back to HAL about a minute and a half after she hung up the call making the reservation and specifically asked about the Mariners OBC and they came back that our cruise didn't qualify.  I don't know when the 90 days started for our cruise so I can't refute the answer.

Sounds like more of HAL's being consistent about being inconsistent.

We booked our November Koingsdam cruise in February, well outside of the 90 day early booking period but we got the $200 Mariner OBC but not the premium HIA, only the standard HIA.

Edited by terrydtx

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Sounds like more of HAL's being consistent about being inconsistent.

We booked our November Koingsdam cruise in February, well outside of the 90 day early booking period but we got the $200 Mariner OBC but not the premium HIA, only the standard HIA.

Was the sailing being labelled as being eligible for the "Early Booking Bonus" for HIA  but they wouldn't give it to you on your booking? I don't think there is cut and dry date ranges for those - they just show up as being an eligible sailing for that bonus or not.

You definitely lucked out getting the Mariner OBC outside of the 90 day window. Maybe you just missed the Early booking bonus  cutoff and they thought giving you the Mariner discount instead. I know I tried once outside the 90 day window (like 4 months?) and no luck, although I got the "Early Bonus" on that sailing.

6 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Was the sailing being labelled as being eligible for the "Early Booking Bonus" for HIA  but they wouldn't give it to you on your booking? I don't think there is cut and dry date ranges for those - they just show up as being an eligible sailing for that bonus or not.

You definitely lucked out getting the Mariner OBC outside of the 90 day window. Maybe you just missed the Early booking bonus  cutoff and they thought giving you the Mariner discount instead. I know I tried once outside the 90 day window (like 4 months?) and no luck, although I got the "Early Bonus" on that sailing.

Our Koingsdam cruise was not labeled as being available for the early booking bonus for HIA, since we were well outside of the 90 days. But we still got the Mariner OBC bonus. We didn't ask for the OBC it just showed up on our booking confirmation.

Edited by terrydtx

Im a little confused as im sure when i booked for my cruise (Oct 23 depart on rotterdam sojourn) in March it included prepaid gratuities however unable to find any evidence of this.

On my booking below it only says this, there is a chance i mistook "includes service charges" for includes prepaid gratuities.

Regardless where can i find if it would be included and secondly am i able to use my On board credit to pay for this? ill get $250usd for the stock offer which if can be used, i wont pre pay.

Thirdly, just wondering if prepaying gratuities is cheaper than paying on board as i can see 312 AUD per person but it doesnt really make sense, unless gratuities are only applicable on full sailing days which there would be 14.. but even if i convert 16 usd to aud and "23.60 x 14" still adds up to $330.. if anyone is following me

image.thumb.png.da4c6a4c0b848c52d11e7d541f74f503.png

Edited by lextsy

15 minutes ago, lextsy said:

Im a little confused as im sure when i booked for my cruise (Oct 23 depart on rotterdam sojourn) in March it included prepaid gratuities however unable to find any evidence of this.

On my booking below it only says this, there is a chance i mistook "includes service charges" for includes prepaid gratuities.

Regardless where can i find if it would be included and secondly am i able to use my On board credit to pay for this? ill get $250usd for the stock offer which if can be used, i wont pre pay.

Thirdly, just wondering if prepaying gratuities is cheaper than paying on board as i can see 312 AUD per person but it doesnt really make sense, unless gratuities are only applicable on full sailing days which there would be 14.. but even if i convert 16 usd to aud and "23.60 x 14" still adds up to $330.. if anyone is following me

image.thumb.png.da4c6a4c0b848c52d11e7d541f74f503.png

You should have the "Pre-paid crew appreciation" showing in you invoice. Here is how it shows up on our 2024 Volendam cruise:

image.png.27f5f87577706fc0f54c26e6bb2e709e.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lextsy said:

Regardless where can i find if it would be included and secondly am i able to use my On board credit to pay for this?

Crew Appreciation will also show at the top of your online itinerary. Yes, OBC can be used to pay for Crew Appreciation.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Crew Appreciation will also show at the top of your online itinerary. Yes, OBC can be used to pay for Crew Appreciation.

Here is how our included crew appreciation show online under the itinerary:

image.thumb.png.6177a6481d06c9fcff06908a6a82bbca.png

Ok pretty sure i dont have it which is fine.

It does seem to be cheaper to prepay but i should have 350usd OBC so i guess i should perhaps prepay my partners now and mine can be sorted out later with OBC.

I am still mathematically confused how 312AUD is all that is required for the 15 day Soujourn on the rotterdam.

Anyone can to have  a stab at this?

Itinerary Holland America Line.pdf